The Sable Quean (Charater discussion)

Started by Redwall Musician, August 16, 2011, 06:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

I have a little question, and I was wondering if anyone could help. Vilaya is called the sable quean, but her name is not spelled like queen (Quean not queen). Why is this?

Please excuse me if I make no sense, or if this is a weird question.

And if you have anything else to say about the sable queen, feel free to post is here.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quean is an old English word for "wicked lady".

The book had a unique feature of containing a mole warrior, Axtel Sturnclaw.
And it had an array of freelance warriors; Bosie, Zaran, Axtel, Buckler. Pretty cool really, different from the more normal groups of fighters and pronounced warrior theme.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on August 16, 2011, 06:47:02 PM
Quean is an old English word for "wicked lady".

Oh, thanks, I didn't know that. I tried googling it, but google was lying.

I find it very interesting how little Tassy was able to help Axtel when he injured his foot paw (well, I think it was a foot paw). It shows how even though Dibbuns may seem naughty they can be very responsible. I'll aways wonder if she went on to become an infirmary keeper.  
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

daskar666

Post modified.

Nightfire

I absolutely LOOOVE Zaran!!!! She reminds me of Ranguvar Foeseeker, in a sense. Have you ever noticed how Zaran is the only black otter in the series, and Ranguvar is the only black squirrel in the series?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

daskar666

Yep. Also I believe Rake Nightfur is the only black hare and Farran is the only black fox.

Nightfire

It's cool how Brian put a black character of that species in ever now and then. ;D Zaran is the otter, Ranguvar is the squirrel, Rake is the hare, and Farran is the fox! Any other Redwall characters with black fur?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Captain Tammo

I don't remember any others, but back on the sable quean topic: axle Sturnclaw is AWESOME!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Dotti

Did Zaran end up marrying another otter???  I can't remember but it seems like she did......
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Taggerung_of_Redwall

DanielofRedwall

Isn't Zaran is from Doomwyte, not the Sable Quean?
Received mostly negative reviews.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I think the two books have been discussed here, and the characters of Doomwyte moreso. But yes, Zaran is from Doomwyte.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: daskar666 on August 17, 2011, 06:00:48 PM
>Bosie
>Zaran
The disadvantage of speed reading.

daskar pointed two characters from Doomwyte.

In the Sable Queen they have:
Buckler (who I like soooo much)
Vilaya
Zwilt
Ambry
Axtel

Log-a-Log

My favorite character in the Sable Quean is Axtel. He is awesome
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart