News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

I am Excited!

Started by Jetthebinturong, October 19, 2014, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

I know that all of you on here must enjoy fantasy stories to some degree because you wouldn't like Redwall if you didn't. I also know that a lot of you are under sixteen and so this news probably does not concern you unless you simply do not care about age labels. I have news that is personal to me and that is that this month my dad aims to be a published author (I believe it's this month anyway, it's definitely this year). Now, this isn't going to be something produced by big companies, he's self-publishing and it's not a print edition of the book (the aim of the release of that is May 2015) rather a Kindle edition. So if you own a Kindle please consider buying it, it is to be the first novel in the A Song of Ages trilogy and it is called The Best of Men. If you are a lover of adult fantasy novels such as the Lord of the Rings he says it's for people who think that Gandalf should have done more stuff with his staff. It's a story of war and politics, demons and dragons, gods and men.

So yeah, if you own a Kindle and are a lover of fantasy, please consider buying it. That is all

EDIT: WEBSITE WHERE YOU CAN READ EXCERPTS: http://wilfkelleherjones.co.uk/html/a_song_of_ages.html
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Cool! I'll bet you're excited, your dad being the author of a book. :D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

There's probably no word for how excited I am

Cornflower MM

Oh, yay! That's so great, Jet! This is awesome!

Rusvul

This is good, yes, this is good. I approve.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Mask

I think I'll most definitely have a look at buying it. ;D
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Jetthebinturong

The date of release is the 30th and this is the cover

His comments on the cover
"OK So here is the cover design for

SONG OF AGES v.1:   The Best of Men

as it will be used on the Kindle Edition.

TO BE PUBLISHED 30 / 10 / 2014

The illustration is by Max Cartwright at Rowanvale Publishing over Swansea way.

My mate Jim Crawley, who knows a thing or two about selling fantasy novels (or any sort of novel for that matter), tells me it’s very retro.  I agree. The greatest joy I had in my fantasy reading life was in the early years of my obsession. I just adored the type of paintings being produced for the Transworld fantasies - Ann McAvoy’s Damiano’s Lute, Eddings Castle of Wizardry - the sort of painting that always had a glorious blue sky and white peaked mountains. I was already off on the fantasy adventure before I’d even reached the first page. So I wanted something of that, but I also had a hankering for something painted in oils rather than an airbrush. So retro with a twist is what you get.

I could explain the image but I think I’ll let people work it out for themselves WHEN THEY READ THE BOOK. Sorry, was that a bit loud? Seriously though I love the design and I hope it appeals to fantasy readers like me. If anyone does fancy reading the book it will be out soon. To get a flavour of it you could take a look here:

Song of Ages Previews

The previews are not final edited versions - though I am working my way through updating them - so there may be the odd error. (All is now fixed for the Kindle.)"

BadgerLordFiredrake

baby turtle forever

The Skarzs

_  _
O_O What was that, Drake?

Cool cover! It certainly seems like it can set the mood for the book. ;) (Although, I'm trying to figure out if that is a sword bearing the title. . .)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

It is, it is an important sword and will run across the covers of all three books, all I know is it's name, I can only speculate why it is called such but I think I have a good guess. It's called the Sword of Ages, that sounds familiar doesn't it?

Yeah, what did Drake say?

Oh and by the way, he does poetry and songs too - you can click the home button on his website to try and find them - my favourite of which is Ravens Two

I don't recommend reading any of Ministry Rat unless you don't have a problem with swearing

The Skarzs

Thanks for the recommendation (or rather, the lack of it :P).
I asked more about the sword because the way the edge is ground is bugging me. :P (Sorry; don't ming my OCD)

Also, we know your last name now. ;D ;D ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

The sword is millions of years old, it's a miracle that it's still there.

Who's to say it's not a pen name?

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

CaptainRocktree

The cover looks so cool! I bet your really excited!  ;D
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien