The Golden Shore (Ship)

Started by Tale Weaver, December 15, 2014, 02:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tale Weaver

Nearly a week had gone by since Dystrano had called for the meeting in his office. Now the Captain stood next to his lookout, gazing at the newly sighted land. It would be only a matter of hours until the ship moved in near enough to send some of the crew onto shore. The weasel Captain's eyes glittered at the prospect of what was to come. He had long heard of the wealth that could be had upon making the journey to the Southern shores. He had moved the ship steadily to the south for quite a while before revealing to any of his crew what his intent was.

Now the time was drawing all to near. He had assembled the crew to take orders from the three he had requested audience with. They had been assigned new titles since that time. Reassigning the mate positions was the best way to ensure nobeast tried to slip any type of mutiny past him. He had named Jamal as the first mate, Rusalia as the second mate, and Ackab as the bosun. Each of these positions required special attention to detail and the ability to lead the crew. Dystrano was not sure of the capabilities of each of the beasts he had elevated in position. If they failed it was of little concern to him. In his mind they would serve as figure heads and if they proved their worth during the confrontations to come he would consider rewarding them.

Now all three stood before him, garbed with the insignia of their rank in one way or another. The captain fixed them all with a glare before nodding over his shoulder to the soon approaching southern shores.

"I expect each of you to carry out the orders you have been given. If confrontation from anybeast on shore should occur, you all know what to do. The crew respects you enough to draw blades at your command. Serve me well and you will be handsomely rewarded when the time comes."
"Great stories happen to those who can tell them." --Ira Glas

Unimaginative

Rusila nodded eagerly at the promise of riches. Though she did worry about treachery, it was not Trang betraying her she was worried about. The treachery she worried about was her own. Rusila had a plan, and she knew how to make it happen. All she needed was an ally, and she had decided that Ackab would be her best bet for a powerful ally.

"Cap'n, I will do what yeh say to the best o' my ability."

The ferret began turning to exit, than stopped and looked back at the other two, deciding it would be best to wait until all of them were ready to leave and properly dismissed by the Captain.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth