"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

*Thumbs up.*

What do you think of Agent Venom, Jet?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Agent Venom's pretty cool. His look is awesome, and I like the idea of redeeming Flash Thompson and the Symbiote by making them into a hero.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

As another MCU movie has come and I've finally seen it (yes Britain got it a month late) it's time to redo my MCU rankings.

15. Iron Man 2
14. Thor
13. The Avengers
12. Ant-Man and the Wasp
11. Ant-Man
10. Doctor Strange
9. Age of Ultron
8. Guardians of the Galaxy
7. Civil War
6. Guardians 2
5. Iron Man
4. Infinity War
3. Ragnarok
2. Spider-Man Homecoming
1. Black Panther

Obviously my top 5 has stayed the same, as has the bottom of my list. It's mostly the middle that's changed. I decided I was being too harsh on Civil War, but I still like Guardians 2 more, so I only moved it up one space. And then Ant-Man and the Wasp was decent, but overall not as fun as the first movie.

Jetthebinturong

So I recently learned that Feige has confirmed that MARVEL has deliberately been planting the seeds for a Young Avengers movie! At first I was happy, but then I was terrified that Wiccan and Hulkling or their relationship might be taken out of it, but then I learned that Feige has also confirmed that there will be LGBT characters in the MCU (including at least one who already exists) and usually he's cagey about confirming anything but his answer to the question of LGBT characters was just a straightforward "yes." So if they're already confirming that, then they have no incentive to remove Billy and Teddy's relationship from a YA story.

Of course I'm still slightly scared, because they might mess it up, and I love all of these characters, not just Billy and Teddy. And I'm also worried they might scrub Tommy's past as a juvenile delinquent clean, which would completely undermine the entire point of his character. And then there's Eli taking sci-fi steroids in order to be a superhero, Nate being a young Kang, Nate murdering Jonas, Cassie's relationship with her parents, Kate's assault (yes, that kind of assault), Teddy's past of doing stuff for... Greg? Was his name Greg? I can't remember and Billy being bullied and aaaaaaaaargh there's so much they could do wrong. Is this what it feels like to be a fan of the more mainstream heroes? I mean the MARVEL movies haven't set a foot wrong yet, but the Young Avengers are such a difficult thing to get right. I feel like there's too much set-up to do in one movie, but then the YA aren't big enough characters to warrant solo movies. There's just so much that can go wrong. But still, I remain happy that they're getting a bigscreen debut, and nothing would be cooler than to see Wiccan's powers on screen. Or the time warping when Kang comes back to the past to take Nate back to his own time, but Nate refuses and time starts to break around them. UGH! All of the YA stories are amazing and would translate so well to film I'd love to see all of them. But the 2005 run especially.

The interviews about YA and LGBT characters

Feige responded to whether fans will see young heroes like the Young Avengers join either Marvel TV show Runaways or Cloak & Dagger:

"Well...sure. And both of those you just mentioned we talked about for a long time and they went over to be successful TV shows. We've always been fans of Power Pack and figuring that out. And yes. So...where and when we would see the evolution of that? I don't know. And certainly - taking our cue from the comics as we always do – that's why we wanted Cassie, a very young Cassie in this movie, to be inspired by her father. Just planting seeds."

When are we getting a Gay, Bi, LGBTQ, out character in the MCU? Is it even in the works?
Kevin Feige: Yes.
The Playlist: That's the answer?
Kevin Feige: Yeah, that's the answer.
The Playlist: It's not someone we've seen yet, I'm guessing?
Kevin Feige: Both.
The Playlist: Both?
Kevin Feige: Both ones you've seen and ones you haven't seen.
[close]
Ones we've seen definitely means Valkyrie and/or Okoye.

Jukka the Sling

Hm, I didn't realize they were outright planning a Young Avengers movie either.  And yeah, I figured Valkyrie was one of the LGBT characters they've been mentioning.  I don't see it about Okoye, though, 'cause she has a husband (or did?), and she wasn't LGBT in the comics.  Ayo, on the other hand...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

I just found a quote which sums up why Kate Bishop is such a great character, and also explains why she can't be "Kate Barton" in the MCU.
Mentions of sexual assault

"Kate Bishop [is] important for two reasons. One, she's the only member of this team with no superpowers, and two, she's a survivor of sexual assault. Every other character on this team has been gifted amazing abilities either by chance or on purpose, most of them are legacy heroes being mentored by a pro, but not Kate. She would have to work ten times harder than everybody else to make hero status if her only handicap was a lack of powers, but she also has to work through severe trauma at the very same time. But still she goes out there day in, day out and fights the very thing she should be most afraid of in the world. She is a hero because she works that hard."
[close]
It came from this video about how the Young Avengers could be introduced to the MCU. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, and I would obviously much prefer the lineup from the comics, but he tells a good story and I wouldn't be that disappointed if his version of events was what we got. So long as Wiccan also comes with Speed. You can't separate twins, even in fiction.

Jetthebinturong

Wow. I don't read many comics, so I never expected to fall in love with Uatu (the Watcher) of all people. I thought he was barely even a character, just showing his face when big decisions happened. But wow he is such a fascinating and tragic character. And kind too. It's just really weird to think of him as a character, rather than just a feature of the cosmos. If you ever want to know who Uatu is and where he came from, just read Original Sin #0. Not only did that single issue of a comic make me love Uatu, but also Sam Alexander. Obviously this isn't the first I've seen of Sam, but it is the first book I've read about him. I think I'm going to read the rest of the issues too, maybe read his books if he has any. After I'm done with the Young Avengers, of course.

Jetthebinturong

Aaaaaaaa all the promotional images from Captain Marvel look awesome! I'm getting really hyped for this movie, and before now I really didn't care about it. I love her costume but Ronan's costume is absolutely my favourite. And the skrulls look awesome! Also if Nick Fury doesn't lose his eye in this movie I'm going to be really annoyed because I want to see how that happened, and I don't know of any other prequel movies on MARVEL's plate right now. I think they've already confirmed Black Widow won't be a prequel? I think I heard that somewhere.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

The photos are pretty interesting.  It's awesome/scary how they de-aged Samuel Jackson.

...Waaaait.  I read a while back that Coulson would appear in this movie.  Does that mean we'll be seeing a de-aged Coulson too?!?!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

THEY'RE MAKING CAPTAIN BRITAIN. AND GUY RITCHIE IS ATTACHED AS DIRECTOR! The current title attached to the project is Captain Britain and The Black Knight. Wonder which Black Knight they'd go for. My instincts say Dane Whitman, since he's the most prominent. But Dane Whitman is a good guy, so I think they might go for Nathan Garrett instead, if they want The Black Knight to be the villain. But it could be a team-up of Britain and Whitman, with someone else as the villain, such as Morgan le Faye. Although she might be better suited to a Scarlet Witch project, or even King Arthur, if they want to go that far back. And then of course there's the rumours about Spider-Woman being in Spider-Man: Far From Home, and she originated as a Captain Britain character. Who else could go in? I guess Psylocke, since she's Britain's sister, and the Disney/Fox merger would have happened by then. Union Jack, definitely, though he might show up somewhere else. I am already hyped for this.
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on September 06, 2018, 12:49:32 AM
The photos are pretty interesting.  It's awesome/scary how they de-aged Samuel Jackson.

...Waaaait.  I read a while back that Coulson would appear in this movie.  Does that mean we'll be seeing a de-aged Coulson too?!?!
Clark Gregg does not age. They probably wouldn't need that much de-aging.

Jetthebinturong

PSA: If you haven't played or watched a let's play of Spider-Man PS4 you're missing out on one of the best Spider-Man stories ever written. Let's put it this way: I have never been moved to tears by a Spider-Man movie, and I was by this game.

Also a while ago we were talking about characters we want in the MCU and I want Moon Knight. Preferably with a movie, not a TV show. Yes I know he's practically confirmed, but there is no limit to my excitement for a schizophrenic undead Batman in service of an ancient Egyptian moon god. For those who don't know, Moon Knight was a mercenary who died at the feet of a statue of Khonshu, Egyptian god of the moon. Khonshu offered to resurrect him so long as he became the god's avatar on Earth. As for which version of Moon Knight, I would want the full white costume rather than the black and white one. Yes the black and white one is awesome, but the pure white just works so well.
Some blood

[close]

Jukka the Sling

Moon Knight definitely sounds like an interesting character.  I hadn't really heard of him before now.

I'm really anxious to find out if the rumored Captain Britain movie will be part of the MCU.