Are badgers too overpowered?

Started by Ungatt Trunn, December 20, 2014, 10:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Grey Coincidence

Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: MathLuk on May 04, 2019, 04:43:14 AM
We don't do that in my fics.
Sure, you have Taggerungs wrecking entire armies, battles in the centre of the mind, and weapons that can enhance seer powers tenfold, but a badger fighting a wolverine? *shakes head fervently* Nope!
Hmm...I'm trying to figure out if you're sarcastic... But even if you're not, your description of your battles sound cool.  :D
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Jack the Quick

Well, we've had smaller vermin kill badgers. For example, I'm pretty sure Ferahgo killed Urthhound single handedly in Salamandastron
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Jack the Quick on May 16, 2019, 06:54:35 PM
Well, we've had smaller vermin kill badgers. For example, I'm pretty sure Ferahgo killed Urthhound single handedly in Salamandastron
That's true. He even killed his wife as well though I think it said it was by trickery, but still impressive.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Yes, but I think Badger Vs Wolverine is a match that depends on the specific badger... have I said this before? Strange sense of deja-vu.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on May 16, 2019, 07:07:45 PM
Yes, but I think Badger Vs Wolverine is a match that depends on the specific badger... have I said this before? Strange sense of deja-vu.
Brian Jacques should have had a duel between a Badger and a Wolverine. That would have epic fight.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Brain didn't do 'epic fights' for the sake of epic fights to be honest. I think that, if a badger had a more prominent role in a book with wolverines then yes, something like that was inevitable. But when you think about it- when have his fights been made *just* for sheer epicness?

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on May 16, 2019, 07:12:07 PM
Brain didn't do 'epic fights' for the sake of epic fights to be honest. I think that, if a badger had a more prominent role in a book with wolverines then yes, something like that was inevitable. But when you think about it- when have his fights been made *just* for sheer epicness?

Hmm...Good point.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Indeed. Also, poison should probably be used whenever fighting badger.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on May 16, 2019, 07:17:47 PM
Indeed. Also, poison should probably be used whenever fighting badger.
That's probably what Feragho used to kill Urthhound.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

I haven't read the book sooo...

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on May 16, 2019, 07:20:18 PM
I haven't read the book sooo...
Whoops! Yikes! I should use Spoiler Tags...

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

*Shrugs* Although their large size means you'd need more than a little poison to do a badger in...

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on May 16, 2019, 07:22:41 PM
*Shrugs* Although their large size means you'd need more than a little poison to do a badger in...
And some badgers are resistant to venom.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Poison and venom are different things...