News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Academic Thread

Started by Skyblade, January 21, 2015, 02:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What year do you graduate from high school?

Already graduated
6 (20.7%)
2015 (this year)
0 (0%)
2016 (next year)
4 (13.8%)
2017 (etc.)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
4 (13.8%)
After 2020
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Skyblade

I keep getting a 10 on the SAT essay :P

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

James Gryphon

Have a paper due tonight and all I can write is trash. :-\
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

Is there any way we can help? :-\

James Gryphon

Sure, write it for me. ;)

There's nothing anyone can do. I just have to overcome this block somehow.
« Subject to editing »

Mhera

Quote from: Blade on July 03, 2015, 03:17:32 AM
I keep getting a 10 on the SAT essay :P
I scored 8 the first time and 6 the second... TEACH ME YOUR WAYS ;D

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 03, 2015, 03:20:05 AM
Have a paper due tonight and all I can write is trash. :-\
Hate it when that happens... :-\ I hope it works out anyway.

Skyblade

What? I'm honestly surprised; you're really good at writing. We should share tips on here anyway!! I don't know what happened to my math section last time; I thought it was super easy.

I'll post essay writing tips for the SAT.

Mhera

'Tis true. The SAT essays are not kind to me, and any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks :) I might be able to scrounge up something helpful for math.

James Gryphon

Well, I sent my report in. I'm not looking forward to the grade.

It was supposed to be four pages long. I barely got it up to one. It was supposed to have three sources; I could only scrape up two (which I tacked on after the fact). It was supposed to be thoroughly researched and investigated. I did most of it as I went along. It was supposed to be done today -- well, that I managed, by all of literally several seconds... if my computer had stalled just a moment more I wouldn't have made that.

Still, I'm guaranteed at least 15 points for naming the file correctly and putting my name and the course information at the top. It's better than submitting nothing, which is what I did last time.

I hate my college life. :-\ This is a subject I know, and the best I can do is break even...
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

@Mhera: Thank you :)

@James: I'm not in college yet (though I hope to be in a very good one soon), so I wouldn't really know how you feel, but I've procrastinated before (like, a lot of times :P)... and it sucks. I hope things get better for you. I mean, if there's any way we can help, you can tell us! :)

Wylder Treejumper

*sigh* School is giving me a headache. And I'm not even in it yet! Misread legal terms, late registrations, paperwork, permanent addresses and weird school zoning are all conspiring to restrict me.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Skyblade

Dang, Wylder; I wish you the best, and I know how you feel to an extent :-\

Keep calm and battle on. I'll pray for ye.

Wylder Treejumper

Man, I hate school. It manages to bother me and give me work even when it's on vacation. Seriously, doesn't it have anything better to do with its time? I mean, go write a standardized test, or something. You change them every other year anyways. Or at least make your registration process comprehensible and not in three different parts. And for heavens sake, don't stick kids in performing arts schools who don't want to be there!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Skyblade

I don't agree with everything about school, but I am going to just have to deal with it. And (try to! >:() do my best.

Watch me. I'm planning to change the world someday... somehow.

Wylder Treejumper

I'm sure you will, Sky. I'll be keeping an eye out.

On another note, while changing the world is indeed a worthy goal, you might consider the fact that changing people is, perhaps, more important.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Skyblade

Thank you.

That's really good advice. And I think that is what I was planning to do...

And I should start with myself. *looks at myself. Sighs*

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm thankful that I am the way I am, especially because I know I could be so much worse! :D And I do have good qualities. But I read this quote that said that the surest way to change the world is to start with what you can change for sure - yourself.