News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Interesting Facts

Started by Izeroth, June 16, 2015, 03:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarky Thistlebrush

There are tardigrades living on the moon.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

One-Eye the wildcat

"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Jarky Thistlebrush

There are tardigrades living on the moon.
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

One-Eye the wildcat

"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Jarky Thistlebrush

A few flippin' months ago, a satellite containing a bunch of tardigrades was accidentally crashed into the moon. The tardigrades, (as tardigrades are virtually indestructible), went into a state of coma.

One-Eye the wildcat

Long live the RRR!!

Jarky Thistlebrush

Okay. Long story short: Tardigrades are AWESOME!!!

One-Eye the wildcat

Long live the RRR!!

Verdauga

Because pikes (the weapon, not the fish) had such long reach, German swordsmiths built freakishly long swords to combat armies using them. the sword is over four feet long and is called the zweihandar, which literally means 'two handed', as that is the only way to wield it.
Other countries may have made them too, but Germany was the first.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Verdauga on September 02, 2019, 12:35:53 AM
Because pikes (the weapon, not the fish) had such long reach, German swordsmiths built freakishly long swords to combat armies using them. the sword is over four feet long and is called the zweihandar, which literally means 'two handed', as that is the only way to wield it.
Other countries may have made them too, but Germany was the first.
That's interesting. Are they basically broadswords but bigger?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

@Sebias of Redwall , well, they're obviously longer, but I don't know if they're much wider, if at all. I haven't researched them in a while. I guess it depends on how long and wide typical broadswords are.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

One-Eye the wildcat

Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Verdauga on September 07, 2019, 09:04:32 PM
@Sebias of Redwall , well, they're obviously longer, but I don't know if they're much wider, if at all. I haven't researched them in a while. I guess it depends on how long and wide typical broadswords are.
Hmm... I guess that makes sense. I don't think they'd want to make the swords *too* heavy after all. Taller would probably be better for reasons you said above, but that would make sense if they kept them the same width.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!