News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Amusing cheat codes

Started by Luftwaffles, July 10, 2020, 05:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luftwaffles

Whether we like it or not, cheat codes are an integral part of gaming and can be life-savers under certain circumstances... but, of course, most are just in there to give you advantages, stack the deck on your favor or just for laughs. Which ones are your favorites?

To me, nothing really beats the "Diplomatic Immunity" cheat on Red Dead Redemption, since it does just that: it allows you to destroy private citizens and property to your heart's content and, at most, cops take a passing interest on what's going on.

The citizens are really left to fend for themselves and it is actually hilarious. Breathes new life into a game I already love.

What are your favorite cheat codes?
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Verdauga

Lego Star Wars on the gameboy advance had a cheat code that turned you into a twerpy little bot with instakill powers.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

The dismemberment cheat in Jedi Outcast was pretty entertaining.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

One-Eye the wildcat

There's a cheat in Donkey Kong for the SNES that gives infinite lives.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

In terms of amusing names, just look at any of the three Age of Empires cheats lol

Kade Rivok

In Rogue Squadron II, you could fly an old Cadillac or Buick or something.  And when you went into cockpit view you could look around inside the car.  T'was pretty fun.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

WorshipTiria

BORK BORK BORK BORK BORK
cheat in the original age of mythology
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ze vone in Pokemon Pearl vhere ye could valk trough zin'z. Ye could literally end up leavin' ze gamez map und ye're juzt valkin' trough a black zcreen. Ah actually (zome'ov) foind a zmav loch at vone point, und zaved ze game zere. Tvaz nae zat amuzin' zough vhen zat mezzed up me game und Ah 'ad tae ztart av o'er...

Alzae, in ze auld, REAL Ztar Varz Battlefront II viz ze invincibility cheat code- fer example, durin' ze mizzion from Epizode III vhere ye're attackin' ze Jeedai in ze Jeedai temple, vhere  Jeedai vill attack ye und knock ye doon, und zen ye get roight back up und kill zem. But Ah ztopped playin' Playztation II und ze zimilar vonez loike zat yearz agae. Zat vaz ztill a fond gamin' memory, zough.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

WorshipTiria

DING DING DING

Get an icecream truck in AOE 3.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE