News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Black-furred creatures

Started by Nightfire, October 07, 2011, 02:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Near Batavia. ;D Not telling specifics, 'cause I'm paranoid.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Flandor

Haha that's cool I was just curious :D
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Coobreedan

Quote from: Plugg Firetail on October 08, 2011, 01:17:11 PM
There is something even better than a black badger...A WHITE BADGER
Well, I think black badgers would be cool, and you think white badgers are cool. We couldn't decide what to put in Redwall, so we combined both. Just so ya know.

Flandor, I've only just realised what your profile picture was! I thought it was of a duck before. :P
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Flandor

Lol a duck? It's an adorable illustration of Friar Hugo and the others from the Cookbook.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Nightfire

It looks like Constance, Friar Hugo, and maybe...Cornflower??
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Flandor

It's Constance, Hugo, and this mouse from the Cookbook, I think her name is Pansy.

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Anyway, if any of you know of any more black-furred creatures, tell me so I can add them to the list.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Badgers aren't all black, but have black fur.  The Wraith was shadowy...  was he black or gray?
baby turtle forever

Captain Rake Nightfur

i thought  that there was another black hare rake something ???
Quote from: Nightfire on October 07, 2011, 02:52:15 PM
Have any of you ever noticed how Brian Jacques inserted a black-furred version of a species every now and then? I am making a list, so if any person notes that I've missed one, then please tell me who. This is what I have so far:

Ranguvar Foeseeker---Squirrel
Zaran the Black---River Otter
Captain Rake Nightfur---Hare
Cluny the Scourge---Rat
Shadow---Rat/Weasel?
Farran the Poisoner---Fox
Most of the moles in existence. ;D

Do you know of any other Redwall characters with black fur? Good or evil, it doesn't matter. I think it would've been really cool for there to be a black-furred badger. Was there one?
Gave' em blood and vinegar chaps!And that's an order wot wot!

everybeast tells' "bréaga álainn." but they never help anybeast

Taggerung The Otter

I wanna bring this topic back up

What about that hare
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Nightfire

Quote from: BadgerLordFiredrake on December 16, 2011, 11:24:34 PM
Badgers aren't all black, but have black fur.  The Wraith was shadowy...  was he black or gray?

I think The Wraith was a mottled mix of black, brown, gray, and white, which explained how he could blend perfectly into rock. Reread Salamandastron to know for sure.

Dannflower Reguba

Um... Were did you hear that Cluny was black? And aren't there moles that aren't black?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Felldoh154

That black squirrel was a BEAST