News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Any Animal?

Started by BrookSkimmer, October 19, 2011, 04:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

So, we all know why Brian chose the animals that he did to be part of his books (animals found on the British Isles mostly bar the monitor, beaver and wolverine) but... what if any animals could have starred? What animals would you have liked to see featured in Redwall books that were not used?

I would have loved to see:
raccoons
chipmunks
rattlesnakes

I just think they would be fun!

Captain Tammo

Skunk
Porcupine!!!
Wild boar
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

BrookSkimmer

Ok, I can see a wild boar being an AWESOME villain! I can picture him in my mind dressed in warlord gear. That would be so great!

DanielofRedwall

Skunk, raccoon, porcupine. James Gryphon said he was going to write something Redwall-like with new animals. View it here.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lutra

Skunks would've brought biological warfare to the series.  ;D
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwall Musician

Going to be totally random here:

A PANDA!

Or a guinea pig, a mountain lion, a humming bird, or a panda.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

James Gryphon

How about a mongoose?

It would be either a new addition to the good rosters, or a heroic, skilled vermin; like Gulo, but much brighter. Ideally they would be recognized as known adder-killers.

It even almost fits, if we're counting Commonwealth countries, since there are some species in India.
« Subject to editing »

DanielofRedwall

Mongooses would be perfect! Also, perhaps a groundhog, a woodchuck, a possum or a prairie dog.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Coobreedan

Quote from: Lutra on October 20, 2011, 11:33:31 AM
Skunks would've brought biological warfare to the series.  ;D
Redwall + Skunks= Funny battles  ;D
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

TIGERS AND LEOPARDS!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Plus a few hermit crabs in there would have been interesting. ::)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Plugg Firetail

A chameleon.

They would be even better at stealth than

Muse

Komodo dragons (thanks nightfire!) actual wolves, coyotes, bears (Gooo Akitka!), bald eagles, vultures, geese, more bats, and... PLATYPUSESESES!
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Nightfire

My goodness, I forgot to mention that Komodo Dragons would be epic in Redwall! Thak's for reminding me, Muse!!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

BrookSkimmer

Skunks would be such a funny addition! Are there skunks in the UK? As I recall there was at least one goose in the series, can't remember which book he was in though...

I do think the mongoose idea is brilliant. They would make amazingly skilled fighters. I totally see the mongoose as a goodbeast character though maybe that's because of Rikky-tikky :D

Muse

I totally see Mongeese? as improved ferrets or weasels.
Platypuseses!
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse