News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Jewelry making

Started by Primrosewarrior, April 15, 2012, 12:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primrosewarrior

Does anyone else on here make jewelry?

MatthiasMan

Never tries, but once in a while, I'll take some stuff from my school's art room and make a necklace out of the beads. Most of the stuff in the art room doesn't get used so it really makes me angry when people say I can't take stuff.

Primrosewarrior

I meant actual JM. Like, with crimp beads and pliers.

MatthiasMan

Never tried. Must be fun.  :D

Primrosewarrior

MatthiasMan

wow. I'm a boy and i can't believe i said that.  :-[

Primrosewarrior

Why cant boys make jewelry?

Something Horrifying

Very yes! Actually have my eyes on a career in this field, and am planning on going through a college program for a certificate in jewelry design! I mostly do wirework, and have recently opened an Etsy shop with my best friend (she does chainmaille). Am I allowed to post a link?
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

MatthiasMan

Something Horrifying

deepseadelights.etsy.com That's our shop. It's only recently been opened, and there are only two items listed, but we'll be posting more soon. The pendant is mine.  ;D

MatthiasMan

Don't you think it is a little over priced?  ??? I'm not telling you to change it but like is all jewelry cost up that high? Never been jewel shopping so.

Primrosewarrior

I love the tuquise pendant! I'm gonna get an etsy account

Something Horrifying

MM: I don't really think so, I think our stuff is pretty reasonable, if not on the cheaper side. Remember you have to factor in costs of materials, plus labor, and this is all handmade.

PW: Thanks! And yeah, if you make jewelry, or just want to buy cool, unique, handmade stuff, etsy is definitely worth joining. So what kind of jewelry do you make? Do you have any pictures?

Primrosewarrior

Well, I dont have any pics. All my stuff is pretty bacic,(im 13 and I babysit for a living)And I like to use seed beads.

MatthiasMan

You guys must be good at jewelry.