News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

the cure

Started by Wot Wot, April 16, 2012, 01:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wot Wot

hi y'all
i read a book once called "the cure" (i mentioned it in the introduction topic ages ago) i really reccommend it.
here's a brief summary
raul is not so sure about the saviour and his teachings, he is eventually sent to Paren island where he is given healing sessions. He has doubts still and these are elevated when he finds a siary which sets his mind alive. He discovers an old monk from before the building the institute of healing became what it is now and when he and his sister who had had to come with him are caught in the tide.
He reads from the bible which has been banned and all known copies destroyed which results in the disobeying part of his brain frazzled by the head of the institute when he is taken for surgery.
He becomes like a small child again which tears his sister apart. his sister leaves the island, her beliefs changed because of what she said when she was about to drown on that fateful day when the tide drew them in.

ps. i cannot give more detail because it will ruin the book

MatthiasMan

Cool. Maybe I'll read it.