What is your favorite Redwall recipe?

Shrimp and hotroot soup (zoop)
Deeper'n'ever turnip'n'tater'n'beetroot pie
Dibbun's Delight
Crispy Cheese'n'onion Hogbake
Veggible Molebake

Tygresshuntr

Redwall Community:

I am doing a research project on the recipes of Redwall. What are some of your outstanding favorites (whether you have tried them or simply your favorites from book descriptions)? Also, if you'd like, post your favorite food description or feast scene from one of the book.

How do you think the food/feasts added to the stories? I wondered about people's opinions in that regard.

Thanks for any input!  :D ;D ::)

-Miranda

Ungatt Trunn

They all look good, but I'll have to go with the Vegibble Molebake.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

Deeper 'n' ever turnip 'n' tater 'n' betroot pie!!!!! We actually made that once....

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Vilu Daskar

I'v only made crispy cheese and onion hog bake it wasn't very good. 
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on April 10, 2013, 08:58:03 PM
Deeper 'n' ever turnip 'n' tater 'n' betroot pie!!!!! We actually made that once....
Really? I've never tasted that 'un. How does it taste like, exacly?

Tygresshuntr

I found the crispy cheese and onion hogbake to contain too many onions so I substituted other vegetables.

Do any of you have fun stories regarding the recipes you've made??

Vilu Daskar

Its like Quiche sort of. 

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on April 12, 2013, 11:24:41 PM
Its like Quiche sort of. 
Quiche? Sorry, havn't tasted that 'un ethier ;)!

Vilu Daskar

Romsca

Not everyone thinks quiche is disgusting. I like it! (but what food don't I like? I eat like a hare :P)

Lily

I like quiche!

The only recipe I've tried to make was Shrimp and Hotroot soup using this recipe. As I said in the thread, I live in country Japan so some of the ingredients weren't readily available at my local supermarket. I had to use dashi stock and there was no appropriate cream available so I used milk instead. I also couldn't find cayenne pepper, so I just found something that looked similar. It worked, I think. It didn't taste disgusting! It wasn't great either, but I think that has more to do with my cooking ability than the actual recipe. I'm a terrible cook.

Rusvul

Quote from: Tygresshuntr on April 12, 2013, 04:45:09 AM
I found the crispy cheese and onion hogbake to contain too many onions so I substituted other vegetables.

Do any of you have fun stories regarding the recipes you've made??
Mmmmmm... I loved the hogbake, it was delicious! Now I want to make some... I love quiches, fritatas, and Hogbake. Egg-based pielike foods are a big part of what my family eats.