News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Captain Wortshire on May 17, 2020, 12:49:58 AM
"We have nothing if not belief." - Reepicheep, Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)
Oooh! That's a good one.

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

"Some people think they can outsmart me. Maybe. But I have yet to meet one that can outsmart bullet." -Heavy, from TF2
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Captain Wortshire

"Murr hurr mphuphurrur, hurr mph phrr." - Pyro, TF2
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

Scott McLamok

"Look around. We're one and the same. Same heart, same blood." – Fives The Clone Wars
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Thanquol

"You lizards need to learn I'm a lot scarier than you are."

-Boss

Sebias of Redwall

"I thought I'd have to die before I'd have that dance again."
"No need for drastic measures."
"For you, my dear, anything." - How To Train Your Dragon 2.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Basically any Princess Bride (book or film) quote, including (but not limited to):

Spoiler
"When I was your age, television was called books."

"Inconceivable!"
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

"My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!"

"As you wish."

"You mean you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try to kill each other like civilized people, is that it?"

"Why do you wear a mask and hood?"
"I think everybody will in the near future," was the man in black's reply. "They're terribly comfortable."

"This is my favorite book in all the world, though I have never read it."

"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia,' but only slightly less well known is this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line."

"You mock my pain! Life is pain, anyone who says otherwise is obviously selling something!"

"I always think everything is a trap until proven otherwise," the Prince answered. "Which is why I'm still alive."

"You are trying to kidnap what I have rightfully stolen, and I think it quite ungentlemanly."

"I could give you my word as a Spaniard," Inigo said.
"No good," the man in black replied. "I've known too many Spaniards."

"Look. (Grown-ups skip this paragraph) I'm not about to tell you this book has a tragic ending. I already said in the very first line how it was my favorite in all the world. But there's a lot of bad stuff coming. "

"I mean if we even had a wheelbarrow, that would be something.
[close]

Some are book, some film, and I know I've missed some iconic ones. But if I did all of them, I'd probably be sued for copying the entire book and most of the film.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Sebias of Redwall

"It takes more than a little fire to kill me." - Stoic the Vast, httyd.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

"Fools!Do they think they can scare us with their battle cries?" Ungatt Trunn did not even deign to look at the shrunken fox. "No, they don't mean to scare us, but they're letting us know that they aren't scared either. That's called courage, Groddil, but you wouldn't understand it. If those hares were enough in numbers to match us one to one, then I'd be scared."

- Lord Brocktree
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Thanquol

"'Good, good! Dat's what I want, a good story. Because I am going to tell you a good story. An' I want you to take it wiv ya, and I want you to tell all da uvver 'umies out dere who the biggest and meanest and bestest goblin in the world is, you got dat? And if you don't do it in pretty words den I'll come and eat your liver while you watches, got dat?"

—Skarsnik

Corporal Rubbadub

A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day."  "An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight!-  Aragorn (at this part of the movie, I'm usually jumping out of where ever I'm sitting)

Corporal Rubbadub

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take- Wayne Gretzky

Thanquol

"What the gods gifted to me can be gifted to another. I will not be the one mind in a race of blunt, witless animals."

—Throgg, King of the Trolls

Captain Wortshire

Quote from: Booklover on May 17, 2020, 06:17:14 PM
"Why do you wear a mask and hood?"
"I think everybody will in the near future," was the man in black's reply. "They're terribly comfortable."
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

One-Eye the wildcat

Quote from: Captain Wortshire on May 17, 2020, 07:04:29 AM
"Murr hurr mphuphurrur, hurr mph phrr." - Pyro, TF2

"Zen Ze patient voke up vis his whole skeleton missing, and ze doctor was never heard from again! Zat's how I lost my medical liscense..."

~Medic, TF2
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!