News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Sports you play

Started by Mariel, July 20, 2013, 05:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariel

I personally do Track(hurdles) and Cross-country( even though I'm a bad distance runner ::)) I'm thinking about trying Swim Team, I love to swim and am(admittedly) really good at it. :)

The Shade

I do sprinting and stuff, very good, keeps me fit. I also do knife throwing, but I don't have a teacher for that. :P
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tam and Martin

I do knife throwing but my favorite sport is fencing  ;D

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Shade

Quote from: Tam and Martin on July 20, 2013, 08:03:15 PM
I do knife throwing but my favorite sport is fencing  ;D

I kinda do swordplay, I prefer the samarai way of fighting. More slashing rather than thrusting.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Rusvul

I'm not really a physical person, I'm more of a gamer. I do enjoy knife throwing, though. And just random swordplay. Not really a specific type, just whack whack whack. Fun.

Slagar Mc Muffin

i do Swimming,climbing and horse-riding, but None of them in a Team or something like that,i prefer doing sports just for fun with nice friends,not for challenge

please feed my kitty- thank you!
A lovely message to all the haters in the world : Keep your awesomely big nose into your own buisness!  sincerely,amy ^^

Tam and Martin

Quote from: The Shade on July 20, 2013, 09:38:42 PM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on July 20, 2013, 08:03:15 PM
I do knife throwing but my favorite sport is fencing  ;D

I kinda do swordplay, I prefer the samarai way of fighting. More slashing rather than thrusting.
That's why I like to use the sabre. There are three different types of swords: Eppe, Foil, and Sabre. Eppe and Foil are used for thrusting but the sabre is for slashing  ;D

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Buzz_Bumble

Poo! Yuck! Sports! *spits on ground*

I'm not even any good at computer game versions of sports and it was my most hated subject when forced to do it at school.

These days sport at school is even more pointless (literally) thanks to the idiocy of Political Correctness meaning you aren't allowed to have "winners" and "losers". Mind you, those who like sport are lucky they can even still play it with the Health & Safety morons shutting down anything that is even remotely likely to injure you.  ::)

Rusvul

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on July 21, 2013, 01:11:23 AM
Mind you, those who like sport are lucky they can even still play it with the Health & Safety morons shutting down anything that is even remotely likely to injure you.  ::)
Hmm. Yeah. I like dodgeball quite a lot (Although I don't throw or catch), but the only place I was really able to play it, dodgeball was shut down. To quote my friend, "Some old lady got hurt in dodgeball, and now nobody can play it"
Annoying.

Rainshadow

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 20, 2013, 09:45:01 PM
I'm not really a physical person, I'm more of a gamer. I do enjoy knife throwing, though. And just random swordplay. Not really a specific type, just whack whack whack. Fun.

I agree with you on everything but knife throwing.  And I mainly agree with you on the last bit.  Whacking things with wooden sticks is very fun.  ;D

Um, well, I used to take archery (and I still own a bow and arrows, as well as the protective gear (arm guard and finger glove, which don't fit anymore.  :P  Then again, neither do the arrows...)), but I kinda stopped after a year.  It was really cold and rained most of the time, so it was less than pleasant.
  I ride horses, if that can be considered a sport.  I'm not learning a lot of dressage, but that's the style that I ride.  I'd love to learn polo, but unfortunately, my lessons are solo lessons, so polo ain't really an option.  ;)
  Ooh!  And I do quite enjoy basketball.  What I mean by basketball is playing by myself or with like, two other people, just trying to make it into the hoop.  Not actual basketball.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 21, 2013, 03:05:05 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 20, 2013, 09:45:01 PM

I agree with you on everything but knife throwing.  And I mainly agree with you on the last bit.  Whacking things with wooden sticks is very fun.  ;D
That's why I think a machete would be fun. ;D

Ooh!  And I do quite enjoy basketball.  What I mean by basketball is playing by myself or with like, two other people, just trying to make it into the hoop.  Not actual basketball.  ;)

Me too! I love just shooting hoops with friends and stuff, but I also enjoy playing churchball and neighborhood games.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Leatho Shellhound

I'll do Soccer in the fall.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Lily

Speaking of whacking things with sticks, I play kendo.  ;)

Rainshadow

Quote from: Lily on July 21, 2013, 05:39:24 AM
Speaking of whacking things with sticks, I play kendo.  ;)

Just curious, what's kendo?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Mask on July 21, 2013, 03:47:31 AM
I love just shooting hoops with friends ...
Hoops are a protected endangered species, you shouldn't be shooting them.   ;)

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 21, 2013, 05:41:46 AM
Just curious, what's kendo?

It's a bit like a party pinata ... only no confectionary comes out of the things you hit with the stick.  :)