News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Lock this topic! (By New Year's Day!)

Started by Blaggut, October 15, 2015, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

MeadowR

The Narnia films being mentioned? Ooh yes, get on with it, studio! Been waiting for the continuation for years! Not that the films have been amazing, but I am a fan of the books. The Silver Chair should work well on its own as a fantasy film, with its content of giants and underground thingymajigs, etc... (Okay, I can't remember much of it at the minute.) Pessimistic Puddleglum! What a character. Tom Baker ('70s Doctor Who) played him in the BBC series. ;D

Agreed that The Horse and His Boy could be a tad dodgy. It might have worked 20 years ago. Now, they'd probably have to make the Calormen more like the baddies in Prince Caspian, rather than showing a blatant religion similarity. It's quite a different tone to the other films, not even taking place in Narnia for much of it, so I'm not sure audiences would receive it really well. I'd like to see The Magician's Nephew adapted, but again they would need to consider how to appropriate for a wider audience. The beginning of the book is sound, with poorly mum, magic rings, different worlds and all that, but how to show the 'creation' side without putting people off by the obvious Christian-creation-story parallels. I like the books as they are and don't like too much changed; however it is the film industry and things will - and, sometimes, must - be changed. 

Anyway, as you were...
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah 'ave ztated ziz in eizer ziz topic or anozer topic, aber ich like dieser Pokemon openin'-

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

MeadowR

What 'season' are they even on now? Think I must have only seen the original and then half of the second. Quite some time back, now. :o
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

All I know about Pokemon is Pikachu. Also there's a cute turtle one I think. And a weird turnip one.

MeadowR

^ Gasp! Back in the day... when some of you weren't even born yet (yikes!), I was hugely into Pokemon. My interest waned after a few years, although I still enjoyed the earlier games. And there it is, still going, years later...
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Jukka the Sling

I just... don't really get Pokémon?  Is it primarily a game, a TV show, or what?  And what exactly are the Pokémon supposed to be?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

They're the animals of that universe, I guess. So that means they eat them too.
Which also means they're basically forcing animals to fight. Which is illegal.

Pokemon is advocating animal pit fights and cruelty.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

My abs are sore. From crunches. Crunches! Crunches are easy! I shouldn't be sore. Granted, I did do ninety of them...
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rosie Willowwater

Jetthebinturong

Pokémon is primarily a game series. The anime and the card game are not canon to the main universe.

Pokémon is pretty messed up if you think about it (though it is portrayed the most Pokémon like to battle and doing so increases their bond with their trainer) but it's fun and creative and the Pokémon themselves are awesome. I could name all 804 Pokémon.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.