Count as high as possible before a moderator posts 2.0

Started by Matthias720, October 28, 2013, 04:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Rosie Willowwater

Keva Strongbow

"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion of it."

Sebias of Redwall

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Keva Strongbow

"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion of it."

Rosie Willowwater

Matthias720

Okay, thus is getting ridiculous and out of hand.

I'm invoking former admin/topic creator privileges and strongly suggesting a new rule, since well enough couldn't be left alone. If two staff members post one after the other, the count is reset to zero.

Otherwise, the count will go up continuously, leaving no mechanism on the staff side to balance things out.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Matthias720 on May 21, 2019, 04:12:14 AM
Okay, thus is getting ridiculous and out of hand.

I'm invoking former admin/topic creator privileges and strongly suggesting a new rule, since well enough couldn't be left alone. If two staff members post one after the other, the count is reset to zero.

Otherwise, the count will go up continuously, leaving no mechanism on the staff side to balance things out.
Must things always be one-sided?  :P

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Matthias720

Exactly my point. If no ability exists to counteract unchecked control, then the contest is unbalanced.

There are currently 5 staff members. The likelihood of two posting back to back should be slim enough that only through coordination can staff members hope to resist member counting efforts. And on the other side, literally no effort is required to counteract the staff beyond pure posting. The whole point is in the name of the topic: to count as high as possible before a moderator posts. It's not a case of crushing staff efforts by making sure they can't fight back. That's not a game, that's a beat down.

If you have a better way to balance this game, please suggest it. I simply think it's unfair to change everything without consulting the other side. :-\

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Matthias720 on May 22, 2019, 01:52:04 AM
Exactly my point. If no ability exists to counteract unchecked control, then the contest is unbalanced.

There are currently 5 staff members. The likelihood of two posting back to back should be slim enough that only through coordination can staff members hope to resist member counting efforts. And on the other side, literally no effort is required to counteract the staff beyond pure posting. The whole point is in the name of the topic: to count as high as possible before a moderator posts. It's not a case of crushing staff efforts by making sure they can't fight back. That's not a game, that's a beat down.

If you have a better way to balance this game, please suggest it. I simply think it's unfair to change everything without consulting the other side. :-\
I wasn't being *too* serious. :P Good points though... sounds okay to me! Whatever makes it more challenging fun!  ;D

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

*Shrugs*
Fine by me.
Shall we begin anew then? (Start from 0?)
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence