Cornflower/Booklover Planning Thread

Started by Cornflower MM, February 15, 2020, 06:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm really excited for this event and it sounds like a lot of fun. But sadly I'm just not that great at worldbuilding from scratch, and I also work better with someone else because I get creative blocks really easily and it's just more fun to bounce ideas off of people. If any of y'all also want a partner, I am right here, begging for one. :P

Booklover

Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Cornflower MM

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. :P Is that a "yeah let's team up" kind of "sounds good" or....?

Booklover

Yes.

It's a let's team up.

Cornflower MM

Yay :D

So, what are you thinking? I was thinking of geography first and it'd be fun to play with something on the edges of the real Redwall world. Would you want to do something set more in the future (like steampunk-y, maybe? Or just future?) or maybe something set in the past?

Booklover

Sebias of Redwall

I'm honestly kinda confused what this is.  :P
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Somewhere on the roleplay board Dan set up a contest for us to build alternate worldstates for Redwall (I.E. Redwall with guns, new races, magic, et. c)and judge us (the villain) on how our worldstate is executed.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Cornflower MM

Okeedoke, future sounds cool. What else were you thinking? I know I mentioned geography - Any thoughts? Anything else we definitely wanna include?

Booklover

I was thinking maybe have it on some islands, instead of mainland Mossflower. Whether it would be better to use islands we know about, or completely new ones, I'm not sure. But we need five locations and three regions, any thoughts on those?

Cornflower MM

Oh my goodness islands sound like a ton of fun! Maybe we could a do mix - Some islands we know, some we don't? I was thinking maybe Southsward could be a fun location. And maybe Sampetra?

Booklover

Booklover