News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders V

Started by Redwall Musician, December 26, 2011, 06:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

OOC: I suppose so. It comes to mind that you did a similar thing as your ending. I was just thinking you could do it as a role-play reply. But if is uncomfortable for you, I won't make you.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

OOC: That was done by me, gamemaster, though, not players. It was different, but same format as the rest of the rounds.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

OOC: Are we supposed to go in and fight the dragon? ???
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

OOC: Note quotes from the first round:

Quote from: Captain Tammo on September 27, 2011, 09:34:11 PM
Captain Tammo gave a mad laugh then interrupted himself and made a sound that resembled a whale... Somewhat...
Then he made his way over to the first panel. Examining it, listening to it, sniffing it, and... Tasting it... He ran to the next one, And started dancing around it saying "hubaloo!". Shaking his head, he ran to the next one. This process continued for a couple more panels, then, he found the one he was looking for. Removing the panel, he found four things behind it, three were buttons. And one was Tammo's leftover baby back ribs from the night before at outback steakhouse; it was his birthday last night. Setting the ribs aside, he pushed the green button twice, the blue once, and the red *gasp!* 15 TIMES... Plus one ;D
After this was done, he replaced the panel, grabbed his leftovers, and went back to his spot on the floor, munching happily on his outback steakhouse ribs.

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on September 28, 2011, 10:23:40 AM
DanielofRedwall, naive as he was and not realising the danger he was in, happily stood in the middle of the room, fidgeting with his fingers.  He then pulled out a banana he found in his pocket and snacked on it quitely. He didn't realise the guns had been disabled.

Role-Playing went on in that round. But I'm going to edit my other post.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

OOC: I actually liked the atmosphere of the first game better than the rest. That roleplaying is just under what I coined 'game spam' in the rules. Not actual tasks. But if you're insistent, then you can try what you want.

Redwall Musician

OOC: No, I already edited the other post. Just re-read it and go off of that.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

OOC: Sorry, missed that in your post until now.

"Queen, if I was Overlord, I would devise many great schemes and have new servants go off and do them. And above all, once I buy some place to rule from, I most certainly wouldn't walk in, look around and be betrayed by greenish orbs and a passing visitor who seems like he knows how to be an Overlord and seems to have an aura like you around him. I most certainly would not let that happen."

Tiria Wildlough

'My queen, if I became the Overlord, I would not let my servants bumble around and betray me. I would keep a firm hand on them, and  not let them get away with things. I am not saying that you are incapable of doing that, (in fact, you have done excellently) but I'm just saying that I would do this. If I was Overlord, I would run my kingdom well and make sure no one was being brainwashed, attacked, or anything else.'
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

The queen yawned. She appeared tired and somewhat bored. "I think Tiria is more deserving of position of overlord. Why? Because she caught on fire while fighting the dragon while ToR didn't. You're dismissed ToR." Suddenly a loud shake came from the tower. Knowing exactly what would happen, the queen grabbed Tiria's arm and jumped out of the way. The tower fell down and crushed ToR.
Gasping for breath, the once mighty and intimidating queen said, "You must do this occupation well. You'll have to establish a new castle though. For soon the whole palace will be as this tower." She gestured towards the fallen tower, which was now rocks and dust. "I know you'll do what you think is best. I myself don't care what you do, for now I can finally follow my dream."
She watched as Tiria looked around at the place that was to be her kingdom. When Tiria turned to thank the queen, she was gone.
There were many different stories told around capmfires and at bedtime about where the queen disappeared to. Some said she went to live with her  friends or that she became a wealthy merchant. But the most popluar story went as so:
After leaving the kingdom she came across three poor folks. One was blinded, another was crazy, and the third cared for them. She was enchanted by the way the lived and how the one was able to care for the other two. She was also facsinated by the blinded one, so smart and young, but without sight. The queen bought worn clothes and lived among the poor group, not ever telling who she was or where she came from. The once queen never again visited the kingdom or saw that one named Tiria, but she lived forever in peace.
No one knew if that story was true or who had told it. But whiether it was true or not, the queen's reign had come to a somewhat simple end.

OOC: So there you have it folks! Congrats to Tiria, our new overlord (overlady, whatever you call it). I hope most everyone enjoyed it, even if it did take some time for me to post this ending. I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to play. I know I'm defenitly not the best overlord and maybe my stlye was different. But all the same, it was fun and I'm glad I got to do it.

DanielofRedwall

Nice job with this round Musician! Good luck with the next round Tiria!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.