News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Got new redwall books!!!

Started by Gonff, July 02, 2011, 11:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wot Wot!

I recently found Doomwyte in a used book store in St. Augustine.  Have to get through Eulalia first though!
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

Shinella

Awesome!! Atleast you got it before you finished the book before... I had many times where I was either waiting for the library to open, or wondering when it would come to Mckays! but.. I somehow got through the whole list.. in order too!!! *looks at signature, smiles* :) lol
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

Wydran Riverpaw

A couple weeks back while I was on vacation in Poland, I was able to get the Polish translation of Redwall!! :D My first Redwall book in another language!

Also today, I went into a used bookshop and got The Pearls of Lutra for a low price :)

Shinella

That's epicly sweet!! So cool to have a Redwall book in a diff. language!
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

DanielofRedwall

I saw a rare copy of "The Taggerung" in a second hand book shop for just $5! I was so tempted to buy it, but I already own that book.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

Oh, I forgot to say. I got Salamandastron recently. It is awesome, and I can now say that I have read all the Redwall books except the last two. ;D You guys were right when you  said I couldn't know everything about a book until I read it.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Mad Maudie

i have redwall, Mattemeo,Mariel of redwall, mossflower i also have castaways of the flying Dutchman
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

James Gryphon

Earlier, I finally acquired The Sable Quean. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but I was still eager to get into it, and I read it from when I got home until finishing it about thirty minutes ago (about a four-hour read -- so I'm not losing my touch, or at least not by much ;)).

I have to say that although I wasn't entirely sure about it at first, it didn't take me too long to fall in love with the characters, and now I'd say that it's the best book in the series since The Long Patrol -- and one of the best ones, period.

The villains were superbly written, as always, with an interesting conflict between Vilaya and Zwilt, and great supporting characters there, but I think the thing that really brought this story to life are the protagonists. I've said in the past that some of the heroes are kind of watered down in some of the books -- all stereotypes, with no real life or variety in any of them, but I think this cast was of top-notch quality; their personalities really stood out to me. The younger characters, in particular, like Flib and the others, were really interesting, which brought the book to about the same level of excellence as Redwall and my other favorites.

So in summary, it's money well-spent -- and as I actually own the book, and it isn't just a library copy, I'll now hopefully be a little more qualified to comment on events in it. ;)
« Subject to editing »

Dawnwing

I went to the library a couple days ago to find that there were only two audiobooks on the shelf. Since neither was one I felt like listening to, I did some searching, and none of the others were showing up in the catalog.  I inquired about it, and turns out they've been withdrawn!  So that means this summer I'll have to volunteer for the earliest shift at the summer booksale, and I'll be able to grab 'em real quick and buy them at $1 apiece.  I've been waiting for years, hopefully nobody else has the same thing in mind...

eualaia

i spent all 350 $ for birthday on my brian jacques book and audio book collection

and then i only missing the rouge crew on disk
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Leatho Shellhound

I got 4 more Redwall books!!! Now I have 13 Redwall books. And I have read 8 of them. I have... Redwall, High Rhulain, Pearls of Lutra, The Sable Quean, The Long Patrol, Mariel of Redwall, The Legend of Luke, Mossflower, Lord Brocktree, Doomwyte, Martin the Warrior, Mattimeo, and Salamandastron.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Mad Maudie

i know have
Redwall
mattemeo
Mariel of redwall
Martin the warrior
mossflower
salamandastron
pearls of lutra
lord brocktree
and marlfox
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

redwallgurl

All i have is mossflower but ive read all of them trying to get them now. Rereading all from the library.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Leatho Shellhound

Yes I didn't read them from the library because I wanted to save the story's for when I got them. :D
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner