News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

my idea

Started by Trigoma, July 03, 2011, 07:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigoma

hey we can post our own threads here right? oh well i am anyways lol. here it is...

i think...once we get like 200 more ppl lol, tht we should get a chat channel! i think tht would be awsome! idk y but i like chats. anyways just an idea!
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Yes, Suggestions and Concerns is open for new threads for members to post their feedback.

On the subject of a chat, we (moderation team) are working on the possibility of adding a chat to the board/site. We need to work out more details and conditions, but we might get one added somewhere.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Trigoma

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Trigoma

hey is this gonna go through now? we have quite a few active members now and was just wondering :)
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lutra

Quote from: Trigoma on July 03, 2011, 07:15:01 PM
hey we can post our own threads here right? oh well i am anyways lol. here it is...

i think...once we get like 200 more ppl lol, tht we should get a chat channel! i think tht would be awsome! idk y but i like chats. anyways just an idea!

You may not like my answer....I'm going to say no to a chat room -- unless (and this is a big UNLESS) there is some way to connect it to the login system of this board, and connected to the users of the forum.  Why?  Abuse!  Yeah, you don't want to think that anyone here would do that and impersonate another, but without a login to prevent said abuse, it can and probably will happen.  All it takes is a flood of emotions, a lousy day, and you've got a problem.  Unless this can be done, a chat room is not something I recommend.

Members should go and register their own Skype/Windows Live/Yahoo etc. accounts and post that info in their profile.  This prevents abuse, and you can still chat with a large group through these programs. :)

My two hazelnuts.....
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Trigoma

yes i see what u mean. as for impersonating. you can know whos who with and "IP address". mods usually have tht power to view it. as for linking a chat to the actual site, i am on a forum tht does have tht capability and uses your current nick and everything. sadly i have no clue how to do tht xD but as for this chat ill check into it and see the possibility's :)
—Happy Mask Salesman

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Lutra on August 19, 2011, 01:52:46 AM
Quote from: Trigoma on July 03, 2011, 07:15:01 PM

You may not like my answer....I'm going to say no to a chat room -- unless (and this is a big UNLESS) there is some way to connect it to the login system of this board, and connected to the users of the forum.  Why?  Abuse!  Yeah, you don't want to think that anyone here would do that and impersonate another, but without a login to prevent said abuse, it can and probably will happen.  All it takes is a flood of emotions, a lousy day, and you've got a problem.  Unless this can be done, a chat room is not something I recommend.

Members should go and register their own Skype/Windows Live/Yahoo etc. accounts and post that info in their profile.  This prevents abuse, and you can still chat with a large group through these programs. :)

My two hazelnuts.....
But what about the people who don't have Skype/Windows Live/Yahoo accounts? (Like me.)
I think a chat channel would be awesome. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

^ All of those accounts cost the same as the chat.....free.  If you have an email address, you can sign up for those services.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not allowed to yet, though. :(
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Then pray, what exactly is the difference between a Windows Live service and a chat room?  I assume the "I'm not allowed to" refers to a restriction on chatting, not necessarily signing up for something.  (I remember those days when chat rooms were a tad taboo, so I didn't regularly use one of these services till high school, granted they weren't as refined as they are now)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Gonff

I haven't been allowed to use a chat room yet. My parents might allow me if we had one on here, but I'm not sure.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Tiria Wildlough

What I mean is that I'm too young to sign up for anything like that. :( Maybe when I'm older...
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Ok that makes some sense.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 30, 2011, 12:27:28 PM
What I mean is that I'm too young to sign up for anything like that. :( Maybe when I'm older...

same here
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Nightfire

The Legends of Redwall Abbey actually has a narrow chat box that you can use. All you do is scroll down to the very bottom of the page, no matter what page your on, and it will be there. You can talk to anyone, without it being a personal chat kind of thing.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.