News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"Yeah...high and mighty rules...the fates of all Wolves in the entire world are controlled by human rules. If any of them threatens a human's way of life, they're killed. Then when there's not many Wolves left, they're taken into custody. I don't want a future like that! Now it's my turn to judge. My anger is the anger of nature!!!"

-Free, from Zoul Eater (vhich Ah 'ave nae read nor zeen, but am conziderin' vatchin' becauze Ah really loike ziz Verevolf character)
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Flib Bigboat

"And the other day he says to me, 'Why is it witches can do magic on living people more easily than wizards can?' And I say, 'I don't know.' Then I wait for him to tell me, right? But instead he goes, 'Oh. I was hoping you would know.' And I go, 'Well, why can they?' And he says, 'I don't know.' And I say, 'How'm I supposed to know if you don't?' and he goes, 'I thought you might use your brain.' How'm I supposed to use my brain to know things that he doesn't?"
~Jinx, by Sage Blackwood
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

It is wrong to judge by appearances. Despite his expression, which was that of a piglet having a bright idea, and his mode of speech, which might put you in mind of a small, breathless, neurotic but ridiculously expensive dog, Mr Horsefry might well have been a kind, generous and pious man. In the same way, the man climbing out of your window in a stripy jumper, a mask and a great hurry might merely be lost on the way to a fancy-dress party, and the man in the wig and robes at the focus of the courtroom might only be a transvestite who wandered in out of the rain. Snap judgements can be so unfair.

From ze Dizcvorld novel Gaein' Poztal, by Terry Pratchett

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Flib Bigboat

"...Oh, you'll hear songs about it, mark my word!" [Fflewddur exclaimed.]
"Stop yammering," ordered Doli, hastening up with the agitated pack horses. "Yes, the plan was fine," he cried angrily. "It would have gone slick as butter. There was only one thing wrong. We wasted our time and risked our necks for nothing!"
"Will one or the other of you make sense?" Eilonwy burst out. "I don't care about songs or butter! Tell us straight out! Where is the cauldron?"
~The Black Cauldron, by Lloyd Alexander
(This part always make me think about the BTS song Butter, which I really dislike for some reason.)
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

'Power without ideals is dangerous.'

-Gō Koga, a Bount from ze anime Bleach ('e'z definitely me favourite o' ze Bountz!)

Flib Bigboat

IF THEY'RE PITCHING FAST
             CHOKE UP
~Dandelion Fires, by N. D. Wilson
Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

-From ze Dizcvorld novel Gaein' Poztal, by Terry Pratchett