Intersecting storylines- Bella and Luke

Started by Free Thought, July 08, 2013, 12:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Free Thought

So, I pulled out my old copies of TLOL, Mossflower, etc., to fine tune so bits on a FanFic I'm working on and stumped across something I thought interesting.  According to Jacques- Luke's tribe of mice which originated at Saint Ninians was driven out by Vergunda Greeneyes; the same Vergunda Greeneyes that Barkstripe, Bella's mate, fought against in the rebellion (that lost).  So here's my questions....

1. Did Luke fight in the rebellion alongside Barkstripe and flee with a group of mice (saving his own hide and others in the process)?

2. Did Bella draw the parallels between him and Martin when Mossflower's future champion introduced himself as 'son of Luke'?

Questions, questions, questions... I have my own theories and plotlines in my own fanfics about this possible interaction, but I was just curious what others thought about it while sticking to the works of Jacques specifically.

I just thought this was quite interesting and I have to wonder about the possible hole/error in timelines Jacques used here...

Your thoughts?

The Shade

Hmm...interesting. I wonder if Gonff and Colimbine(spelling?) found any of  Lukes belongings?? And did Martin know that his father used to live there?? I'm just as full of questions as you.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ungatt Trunn

Interesting thought, eh, Free Thought ;D I never really thought about that before. I do think that it is possible that Luke fought some againsed Verdauga Greeneyes.

Life is too short to rush through it.

rachel25

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on July 08, 2013, 06:01:29 PM
Interesting thought, eh, Free Thought ;D I never really thought about that before. I do think that it is possible that Luke fought some againsed Verdauga Greeneyes.
Luke didn't it says that he was a little mouseling when Verdauga Greeneyes.  took over Mossflower and when he did Luke's family left Mossflwoer  ;D

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zae it zeemz a lot o' ztuff ztarted in Mossflower. Redwall juzt keepz gettin' more an' more intereztin', nay?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

General Ironbeak

Jukka the Sling

I think it says in TLoL that Luke was really young when Verdauga showed up.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

well verdauga was ungatt trunn's brother and he was the villain in lord brocktree soooooooo
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Shadowed One

If I remember the book correctly, it said that Luke and Sayna's families met at St. Ninians. But it also said they were both very young children at the time, I think.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc