News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

can you talk and under stand mole speak

Started by Veil Sixclaw, October 16, 2012, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

I can speak and understand it but not write it...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Søren

I can understand, but I don't think I could write or speak it.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

Burr aye, zurr, oi cun defunitely spoike loike ee molers!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Maudie

Oi do be out'n o' prarctice en ee moley speakers. I need to reread the books. :P I was fluent once.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ungatt Trunn

Urr, it had been o'l goid 'ong whoile since oi have been a'postin' here, burr aye.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Søren

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 06, 2015, 03:56:12 PM
Urr, it had been o'l goid 'ong whoile since oi have been a'postin' here, burr aye.
I had read that twice. Some mole speak is easy, but some words don't have a clear translation.  :-\

I'm retired from the forum

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on January 09, 2015, 02:02:07 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 06, 2015, 03:56:12 PM
I had read that twice. Some mole speak is easy, but some words don't have a clear translation.  :-\
Burr, oi 'ave had that o'problem as well, burr oi. 

Life is too short to rush through it.

urthstripe

Oi kin unnerstand molespek!Burr,aye.kin oi ave some zoop an strabees

Wydran Riverpaw

It's been a while but I used to be quite good at writing in molespeech. Actually I was working on making a dictionary and translator at one point, I probably still have the files laying around somewhere. Would anyone be interested in seeing them?

James Gryphon

I think that'd be interesting. If I remember correctly, there used to be a website, back when the internet was young, that had a molespeech translator, but I don't know what's become of it now. So, there's definitely an opening in this area.
« Subject to editing »

Wydran Riverpaw

Quote from: James Gryphon on February 17, 2015, 08:25:51 PM
I think that'd be interesting. If I remember correctly, there used to be a website, back when the internet was young, that had a molespeech translator, but I don't know what's become of it now. So, there's definitely an opening in this area.

Ahh yes, it still exists (if you go to the ROC links page on my website you can find it). Unfortunately the website is quite buggy and doesn't really work anymore.

Lady Cregga

Boi 'okey oi can!

Yep, I think I can speak it and I can understand it.
"Look at 'em blubberin', Song,' Dippler whispered. "Bet you can't start everybeast weepin' by singin' somethin' nice and sad?"...There on the rocks of the sunlit island the young squirrelmaid's voice rang out into the late summer afternoon.
..In the hush that followed, Song noticed Dippler weeping.

Dippler

I can understand it, but Oi surpintly carn't speak it.
There are two types of people, those who can finish sentences

Abbess Mhera

*tugs snout respectfully, waves a digging claw* Burr, oi surpintly kin unnerstand molespeech! Oi speak et too!