News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Quest for Romance: Land

Started by Rainshadow, October 27, 2012, 05:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

'What do you think we're going to have to do?' Tia said to Leisa as they walked. Leisa shrugged. 'Oh, I don't know. I wonder if we'll have to fight.'
Tia shivered. 'I hope not.'
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

redwallgurl

Terra returned a moment later with a sling she found in the cellars and a haversack full of supplies. She also had managed to talk to the Abbott giving a brief description of where she was going. Slowing her pace down as she came to the group she grinned and said,"Thanks!"
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Flandor

The morning was beautiful as far as Miro was concerned.  It wasn't raining, snowing, or foggy, and that was just fine by him.  His paws were nimble against the leaf litter as he moved through Mossflower Wood.

He had slept in that morning, breaking his fast with his only leftover oatcake from the last kindly woodlanders who'd fed him.  Goodbeasts who would offer him food and shelter were few and far between, so he tried to make that food last.

Raising his arms up, he stopped and had a leisurely stretch.  Nothing was better than to do whatever he pleased, day in and day out, with no captain or crew to deal with or order him about.  It looked to be another uneventful day.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Something Horrifying

Drawing the knife from his belt, Damyan watched the other rat suspiciously from behind a tree. He recognized a searat when he saw one, and was far from pleased to see one this near his home, and this near the abbey. The other rat stopped momentarily, and Damyan decided he'd better get the confrontation over with. He hated the idea of having to use the knife he carried, yet there it was in his paw anyway. Damned if he wouldn't be prepared, in case things didn't go well.

"'Ey! You!" He stepped out towards the other rat, keeping the knife down at his side. "What're you doin' 'ere? You alone?" His tone was a grim, appraising sort of pre-threat, and he glanced up and down the other rat with a look of cautious contempt as he spoke.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: redwallgurl on November 07, 2012, 09:04:32 PM
Terra returned a moment later with a sling she found in the cellars and a haversack full of supplies. She also had managed to talk to the Abbott giving a brief description of where she was going. Slowing her pace down as she came to the group she grinned and said,"Thanks!"

"I'll carry that haversack for you," said Featherwood taking it from Terra and putting it on his shoulder.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on November 08, 2012, 03:30:32 PM
Quote from: redwallgurl on November 07, 2012, 09:04:32 PM

"I'll carry that haversack for you," said Featherwood taking it from Terra and putting it on his shoulder.

Lusiphi nearly let out the snort/chuckle that threatend to erupt when Featherwood took Terras' haversack. He obviously wasn't the only one who had noticed how beautiful Terra was... Still, it wasn't his place to intervene.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

redwallgurl

"Thanks," said Terra looking in Featherwoods eyes. She was quiet bemused about all of this. He sure was being friendly.

Leatho Shellhound

Featherwood was also looking at Terra, he broke the awkward silence by saying, "When do you start?"

click the banner

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on November 08, 2012, 08:57:51 PM
Featherwood was also looking at Terra, he broke the awkward silence by saying, "When do you start?"

Lusiphi couldn't help but point out, "Don't you mean: When do WE start out? Or did you have something else in mind?" The otter tried ever so hard to conceal the impish grin that would blow the whole thing, but holding it back only made it show worse.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

redwallgurl

Terra couldn't resist a small grin at Lusiphi's remark. Trying to hide her smile by looking at the ground she said,"I guess we'll have to wait until everybeast is here. Unless everybeast is already here of course."

Leatho Shellhound

"Right I ment to say WE," Said Featherwood, "well is every on here?"

click the banner

Rainshadow

Tempest started walking forward, leading the way.  She turned and grinned, saying, "Well?  Aren't we gonna get goin'?  Or are ye goin' to stand there all day long?"
  Avalanche smiled, shook his head and said, "She's right, y'know.  We gotta get movin'."  He stepped forward to stand by her.  "Let's go!"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

The group made their way down the path towards the coast. Rikkendo took in a deep breath, glad to be out in the open. He loved his home at Redwall but he had a spirit deep down inside that made him long for adventure. He looked around, happy to see so many able bodied beasts along for the quest.

Acorn vaulted from tree to tree, keeping an eye out for anything odd up ahead. When they were a few leagues away from the abbey Acorn climbed high into a sycamore tree and peered out over the trees. She saw movement up ahead. Was that a couple of rats? She couldn't be sure. The squirrel rushed down to the group and went to the traveling group.

"I just some a couple beasts up ahead! They could be rats, but I'm not sure..."

redwallgurl

Loving the outside world away fomr Redwall Terra smiled. Hearing the danger of the possible foebeasts she worried. She'd never been in real battle before and hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Dannflower Reguba

"Where are they? How many are there? And what were they doin'?" Luspihi had experience in this area at least, and wanted to be of some help.