News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Manly Thread

Started by phoenixfoden, October 28, 2012, 01:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

A boy does a mix of both. ;D

The Skarzs

You're missing the point. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Intentional.

Do you guys not know me by now? Come on.

The Skarzs

. . . Okee.

Manliness is not about being macho. It's not about how big your muscles are or how good your beard looks. It's the principles you stand for and the strength with which you keep them.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Strictly speaking, a man is an adult human male.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

By definition, yes. But by nature, no.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: The Skarzs on December 19, 2017, 09:02:12 PM
. . . Okee.

Manliness is not about being macho. It's not about how big your muscles are or how good your beard looks. It's the principles you stand for and the strength with which you keep them.

Y'mean, being a gentleman?

Jetthebinturong

Nah. Being gentlemanly is not necessary. I know several people who are about as far from gentlemanly as possible, but I'd definitely consider them "real men."

You don't have to be a gentleman to stand by your principles or be strong in your convictions.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Wylder Treejumper

And yet, I would argue that one of those principles for which a real man ought to stand for most stridently is civility- the decent respect between human beings.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

I guess my mom is a real man...
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Lady Ashenwyte

Isn't it obvious what a real man is?

As long as he's a male, adult, and real he qualifies as a real man (Sorry dwayne jognso n)
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.