Sora Shirosaki vs. Visefang the Red

Started by BrookSkimmer, May 04, 2013, 10:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Please READ and SIGN the dueling rules document before posting here!

Sora Shirosaki vs. Visefang the Red

Setting: Sandy beach with water on one side and salt marshes to the other.

Visefang the Red has first post!

BrookSkimmer

Visefang's anger was enough that his breath came ragged and his vision was blurred. He could see the shore now and could taste to blood of those who had burned his beautiful ship to tinder. The black smoke of the burning vessel filled as nostrils and caused the rage to build even further. His ears pounded from the pumping of his enraged heart. A vengeful snarl covered his features as he barked out to his crew.

"No quarter, no mercy! Rip em' open and steal their hearts mates! Taste their blood! Send 'em to Hellgates!" He licked his lips and roared out. "Deathhhh deathhh 'n bloooood!"

The oars beast at the Captain's boat needed no bidding to row for all he was worth. Indeed his very life hung in the balance of his oar swings. The fox's lips lifted in fury and his paw nails gouged furrows in the side of the boat. They would pay with their life blood! They would die, all of them for what they had done!

"That's close enough!" Visefang bounded forward and thrust his cutlass through the gut of the beast who had been rowing. "Shift yerselves now or you'll end up like this one! Lousy excuse for an oarsbeast!"

The beasts in the boats nearest their Captain shrunk back in horror. Surly the lose of his ship had robbed him of his senses. Visefang flicked the blood on his blade over the dead body of the beast he had just slain.

"I said move! Kill kill kill!"

He plunged waist deep into the water and allowed the surging surf to propel him to shore. He sucked in breaths with searching for those who would pay for burning the BloodSpine. There they were! Mice, squirrels, and hedgehogs? That was all? No badgers, no hares, no sign of a real warrior?

"You will all die!"

He spat out the words and came forward. The cutlass wove a dangerous pattern in front of him. All around battle had begun. He could hear the clash of steel on steel. He could hear voices crying out in anguish and desperation. All this faded as he moved towards a squirrel with purposeful strides. A lone female squirrel. He would cut her down first to show them he had no mercy. They would all die, males, females, young ones. It mattered not to Visefang the Red!

"RRRRaaarrrrGG!"

He lashed out with his blade, aiming to take the squirrel across her side. Oh yes, she would scream, she would beg for death before he was through reaping his vengeance!

WarriorOfMossflower

Sora Shirosaki turned her head at the vengeful roar. She narrowly avoided the fox's blade by dropping flat to the ground and balancing on the tips of her paws in something of a push-up position. Still, it skimmed the back of her clothing and made a small cut in the fabric. Gritting her teeth, the albino rolled to the side and sprang to her feet, wary of another attack. She shook the wet, salty dirt from her tattered cloak and clenched her paw tighter around the katana.
"Good try!" she called to Visefang, her tone almost amiable. "But I'm afraid you're going to be a little faster if you want to catch a squirrel."
The albino darted in speedily, feinting a jab but turning it into a diagonal slash. Really, though, Sora wasn't aiming to make a hit. She was simply making an effort to force her foe backwards towards the waves that rolled against the damp shore. With that in mind, she went into a limbo-styled position of balance that kept her low but still on her feet, chopping with practiced control of her blade at Visefang's paws and remaining aware of the fox's cutlass above her. She was poised to quickly move out of the way in case the fox tried to block her katana with another attack.
He's actually not half-bad. Let's just hope I can move as quickly as I did in the Battle for Freedom, back at the island. And I should also hope that this one does not result in a tragedy of any sort, like Bristle... Sora narrowed her eyes in concentration. I can't get distracted now by these sentimental thoughts. This fight could mean life or death. Not just for me, but also for the ones who I've sworn to protect on this coastline. I have to fight for them and their freedom, no matter what happens to me.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

BrookSkimmer

But I'm afraid you're going to be a little faster if you want to catch a squirrel.

Visefang ground his teeth as his attacked missed the mark. It was true, this creature was more than he thought she would be. She had expertly avoided his blow. Soon enough he would slow her down.

Foam was forming at the edges of Visefang's mouth. His rage caused his paws to be a little shaky as he moved to counter the squirrel's attacks. His cutlass wove around her's without making contact. The todd moved backwards a few paces, trying to find a pattern to her razor edged blows.

"Woodlander scum! I'll flay ye to doll rags for what you've done!" He flinched just for a moment as his footpaws touched the edge of the water. She was backing him into the sea!

The captain knew enough to not let this squirrel direct their fight. He bounded forward suddenly, moving his blade in three swipes. First high across the chest, then back across the gut, and finally diagonally from shoulder to hip.

"Kill them all! Deeeeathhhh!" He barked out the order to his crew over the crashing surf and clash of weapons.

WarriorOfMossflower

Nimbly, Sora ducked and weaved, bending back to avoid the cutlass that searched to rip her open. Another cut was made in the damp black fabric of her cloak, though it also nicked a tuft out of her snowy white fur. I have to be more serious with this. If I am too careless and more consumed with my taunting, then I will miss my chance. I have to fight to kill now, because there is no other way to drive these vermin from our home.
So the albino stopped letting Visefang make her retreat. She lunged forwards, meeting the cutlass strike for strike with her katana. Sora would not allow the captain to come away from the water. Jaw locked with determination, she battered at him with her katana held in two paws, seeking a way in around the keen cutlass. Sparks flew as the blades clashed. The squirrelmaid pressed on, not pausing for breath as she battled to force Visefang back into the sea. He won't fare well in the water...but neither will I. This may be the only way, though.
Sora alternated between jabs and quick slashes, parrying and striking variably. She did not wait for returning attacks, she simply tried to forestall them by keeping up the endless barrage.

DanielofRedwall

Visefang swung his cutlass left right and centre to parry the blows. The squirrel was the one directing the fight, he could not deny it any longer. She was quick and nimble, an expert fighter, and he had underestimated her.

Visefang winced as his opponent's katana grazed his side, making a deep cut at waist height. Gritting his teeth, he let out a strangled howl of rage.

"Die! Die! Death to all!"

Visefang lunged forward, swinging his cutlass willy-nilly, not really caring whether he made contact. All he wanted was to change the course of the fight and to get the higher ground once more. The squirrelmaid was skilled, but Visefang had faced better and survived with barely a scratch. He would show her!
Received mostly negative reviews.

WarriorOfMossflower

I'm not going to let him lead this. Sora ground her feet into the wet sand and parried the blows, though she stumbled backwards about a foot. Hoping the fox wouldn't get a chance to gain any ground, the albino jumped right back in, slashing sideways in an attempt to rip open Visefang's gut. However, in this one fatally directed move, Sora also left herself unguarded.
Visefang's blade, intentionally or not, found a path from her cheek down to her hip. The cut on the side of her cheek was thin and shallow, but when the cutlass found her chest and midriff, it gouged deeply. Bright red blood gushed to stain the sword and Sora's cloak. Sora cast a grim glance at the wound, wondering if it could kill her before she got a chance to finish the fight, but in her distraction she recieved another gash from the flailing cutlass. 
This isn't going at all as I thought! With me wounded, he now has the upper paw in this match.
The second wound had been recieved directly on her left ankle, and Visefang had cut all the way into the bone. Sora collapsed at the fox's feet, her shattered ankle unable to support her. I'm not quite beaten yet, though. I will end this! With that thought fresh and strong in her mind, the squirrelmaid went into a backwards roll, away from Visefang. She knew this probably wasn't good for her already damaged body, but it was this or nothing. Sora stopped and eased herself into a crouch, teeth bared, fur ruffled, blood dripping, and katana clenched in one paw. I have one chance left, one move to make. It has to count. I won't be fit enough to do much more than parry from the ground after this.
So the albino launched into the air with all the force of a squirrel's strong hind legs, imagining that she was simply leaping from tree to tree in a forest. She seemed to hang in the air for a moment. Her pink-red eyes locked with Visefang's as she shouted her reply to his howl.
"If I couldn't put an end to you, fox, then how could I call myself a warrior? You and your seascum are the only ones who will die on this shore today!"
Sora came down hard, her katana leading the way. She aimed for Visefang's head area, either trying to slice his head in half or make a lethal cut in his neck. The squirrelmaid herself shot past right over his shoulder, her katana outstretched for his neck. Sora landed with a bone-jarring thud in the sand. The rough action caused even more blood to spill from the fatal wound she had recieved. The albino weakly drew her katana close, inspecting it to see if there was fresh blood. If there was, it would mean that the blade had found its mark. But Sora found it impossible to tell just by looking at the bloodied weapon, because there was blood from an earlier wound she had inflicted. Or is there? Did I even touch him at all? Am I hallucinating? Hallucination was quite possible, given the enormous amount of blood she had lost.
Sora gritted her teeth and rolled over. There was only one way to know for sure. Her eyes, which were wandering uncertainly, finally focused on the fox. Sora's vision darkened on the edges, forming a narrow sort of tunnel in the middle. Will he fall beside me to the same fate, or is he unscathed? The albino never had a chance to find out, because her vision darkened completely and she fell unconscious to the rolling of the waves and the clashing of swords. The warrior's lullaby--possibly the last she would ever hear.

BrookSkimmer

(that was a beautiful post WOM!)

Visefang felt triumph course through him as his blade scored numerous marks on the white squirrel's body. She was a trained fighter, but he would best her. He always won! When would beasts come to realize that?

The large fox winced as a wave crashed near him and spilled salt water into the deep wound on his side. The ocean water burned like fire as it entered the cut, causing Visefang's eyes to bead up.

"I'll send you and all your worthless woodlander scrum to hellgates! Just you wait squirrel!"

Sora was now crouching not far from him. He had wanted to stab her as she rolled away from him but even in her wounded state she was too quick. The fox watched his enemy as she studied him, her blood mixing with the damp sand beneath her.

"Come on then squirrel! Attack me if you dare!"

The captain gasped as he moved, making his wound throb. Then she was in the air! The squirrel sped towards him like a white streak of lightening, her bloodied cloak trailing out behind her. The lethal katana was poised to take his life. Visefang tried desperately to dive to the side but his footpaws had sunk into the sand.

"AAAAAaaarrrg!" The katana found its mark, taking him through the neck. He felt blood spill from the wound and suddenly the world began to spin. The fox stumbled a feet steps back and forth out of the water. He turned to face the squirrel.

Red eyes pierced him deeper than the blade had. He felt her gaze lock with his heart, melting him to wax. She had beaten him, he was dying. Visefang slid to the sand, his breath coming in fluttering gasps. Is this how it all wound end. He could not feel the waves as they lapped over his prone body. From his sideways view on the sands he watched as vermin collided with woodlanders in mortal conflict. His time was up, there would be no more shouting of orders.

Visefang lay, with the sound of his failing heart in his ears for just a moment, his last sight on earth those piercing red eyes. Then his eyes rolled back in his head and his soul drifted off the to the darkness of hellgates.

The King of all Seas was dead, his life justly taken by the Swords of Freedom.