News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Hares

Started by Log-a-Log, August 16, 2011, 02:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's your favorite hare

Basil Stag Hare
Hon Rosie
Tarquin Woodsorrel
Pikkle
Ballaw
Tammo
Major Perigord
Florian
Beau
Dotti
Fleetscut
Boorab
Scarum
Maudie
Bosie ( I forget his whole name)
Buckler
Rake Nightfur
Big Oxeye
Rockjaw Grang
Midge Manycoats
Meldrum the Magnificent
Bucko Bigbones
Trubbs
Wother
Ffring
Clecky
Memm Flackery
Sabretache
Pasque
Martha Braebuck
Sergeant Wonwill
Sergeant Sapwood
Major Cuthbert Frunk W. Bloodpaw
Colonel Clary
Brigadier Thyme
Horty
Stiffiner Medick

Coobreedan

Oh come on HeadInAnotherThingy. We won't wreck ya kitchen, dontcha know.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Osu

No Clecky? :<

I LOVE THEM ALL, I CAN'T PICK JUST ONE! Aaaaahhh my heart is breakingggggg!... *cue dramatic music*  ;)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Tiria Wildlough

I also like Beauclair Fethringsol Cosfortingham. (spelling?!) It was so funny when he scared the Sea Rogues and made hot scones for the oarslaves. Except Ranguvar had to go and spoil it with one of her tirades. >:(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dotti

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 28, 2011, 07:14:28 AM
I also like Beauclair Fethringsol Cosfortingham. (spelling?!) It was so funny when he scared the Sea Rogues and made hot scones for the oarslaves. Except Ranguvar had to go and spoil it with one of her tirades. >:(
Beau is SO cool!!!! =D  I love how he's so proud of his name in the story, but keeps getting it all mixed up when he's talking with Martin.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Tiria Wildlough

I also like Memm Flackery. ;D
I'm not a hipster.

Log-a-Log

It looks like Basil has by far the most votes
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Gonff on August 16, 2011, 12:28:06 PM
Oh, I can't decide between Tammo, Dotti, and Maudie. But, I picked Dotti.
That's because it is me but i picked BUCKLER he is so awesome  :-* ;)
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Folgrimeo

Tough to choose. I chose Tarquin as he's very well-rounded, has that companion charm to him that Basil has, and I liked the poems he kept making about Hon Rosie.

My other picks:

Basil Stag Hare - The first and still one of the best. What's holding him back is how other hares expanded the idea of what a hare could be (let's face it, most hares blend into each other, which means most of them blend into Basil). That said, it was comforting how he seemed like an invincible pal who wasn't afraid of anything. I generally don't like Long Patrol hares though, and his somewhat militaristic nature reveals that he was formerly a patroller, so there's that against him.

Hon Rosie - For her laugh and tendency to muck up the plans of goodbeasts. She also had a good sense of humor in "Mariel of Redwall".

Dotti - She was hilarious and played off well with Ruff and Brocktree.

Fleetscut - Primarily for working alongside Jukka, a squirrel with a short temper, making for a great comic duo.

Scarum - For his unapologetic gluttonous behavior, which was both a source of comedy and drama as his undesirable self caused numerous problems. That was interesting to see a hare that wasn't a shining example of a hare.

Maudie - For being part of the great trio of Maudie, Rangval, and Osbil. They have such charm when they're together, and if I recall, Maudie was a little bit on the serious side like Tammo was. Which is nice for a change. Besides, Rangval fulfilled the "goofy" part of the team.

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.

Rakefur

Rake Nightfur or Sabretache.

Nightfire

I still love Major Perigord!  ;D That is one thing that will NEVER change!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Log-a-Log

I'll put Memm and Sabretache in

Coobreedan

I speak like a hare all of the time. Just not online.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Muse

What happened to Bucko Bigbones! He's the best, yet I'm the only one who voted for him!
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse