Clans of Redwall (Judging Results)

Started by BrookSkimmer, November 30, 2014, 08:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Look at the judging standards to see the numbering system written out.

Rainshadow/Perrian Thrust: 13.5
James Gryphon/Ackab: 13.5
HanNorwood/Rusila: 13.5
Jasper/Jamal: 13.5
Faiyloe/Hawthorn: 13
Danflorreguba/Aurin: 13
Leatho Shellhound/Andre: 10.5
The Skarz/Reahn: 10.5
Thomas Barkshield/Bernard: 10
Jukka the Sling/Aislinn: 9.5
Tam and Martin/ Vanglar: 9.5
The Mask/Serge: 7

Faiyloe/Hawthorn:
Character Development: 2.5
You did a great job describing your character in your first post.

Flow of Post: 3
Well done indeed. I had a perfect feel for what was going on in this post.

General Feel of Post: 3
I really enjoyed reading this post. You gave such a good over view of the character and I felt like I knew her very well by the time I was done reading.

All Posts: 4.5
Great! You moved the plot along well. You had your character interact well with the others. Super job! Keep it up!

Rainshadow/Perrian Thrust:
Character Development: 3
Really liked this. You did a great job with the dialogue and I very much got a feel for your character and his motives.

Great work with your posts. I had no trouble reading them and you kept them moving well.

I love this character! Can't wait for more!

You move the plot along nicely. Your posts are neat and orderly. They give lots of room for the reader to picture your character. Just lovely to read.

Jukka the Sling/Aislinn:
Character Development: 2
I got a good feel for Aislinn and her motives in this post. Could have used a little more, but overall there was some solid development here.

Flow of Post: 2
A good job here, but could have used a little more. You did leave room for the next person to post, I just would like to see a little more depth.

General Feel of Post: 2.5
I enjoy reading this character. She's edgy and there many directions you can take with her. Your posts read a little short but overall they are well done.

All Posts: 3
Good overall.  Your writing is quite reactive of previous posts which is not bad. I would love to see a bit more depth in your posts. You're doing great, keep it up!

Leatho Shellhound/Andre:

Not bad at all! You had some good development of Andre in here. It would just be nice to see a bit more depth to him. What makes him so grouchy?

Flow of Post: 2.5
Again, well done. There was a lot of set up type activity going on in this post. Not a bad thing and you did your part to get the plot moving forward.

General Feel of Post: 2.5
Again, this read like a set up post. That's important but I would pick a post with a bit more depth for your next round.

This is looking promising overall. Just keep working on developing this shrew. He's got a lot of potential!

Tam and Martin/ Vanglar:
I got some feel for your character in this post however it was more about what he was doing than developing who he is as a character.

Again, this post was very centered on finding a sword and not so much on directing the plot forward.

I liked this post, it was just lacking connection to the plot as a whole.

All Posts: 2.5
I got a better feel for your character in the other post you wrote. Setting up some tension between Vanglar and Dann will make things interesting.  For your next posts, focus on moving the plot forward, not on side plots so much.

The Skarz/Reahn:
I liked how you described this character in your post. I got a good feel for him in the way you described his thoughts while dueling.

Not bad at all! I really liked how you wove his thought process into the duel post. It is tricky to write a dueling post and keep the reader on track. You did just fine.

I just liked how this post read. The large paragraphs were a little difficult to get through but overall, it was an enjoyable post to read.

Some posts fell on the short side and didn't do much to move the plot, however they did give more depth to the character you are using. Try to balance out your next set of posts in size and depth.

Danflorreguba/Aurin:
Wow! I really liked the direction this post took. Weaving in the character's thoughts with the duel. Well done. I got a great feel for Aurin from this post.

Very nice! Easy to read and your description of the fight moves was handled well.

Really liked this post. Yep, your posts have come a long way! Very enjoyable writing.

All Posts: 4
Great! You moved the plot along for your character and the others as well. Keep it up! This was a great round for you!

The Mask/Serge:

Character Development: 1.5
Not a lot of depth here. It was hard to get a good idea of your character from this post.

Flow of Post: 1.5
Not bad, there just wasn't enough. Most of it read as a reaction from a previous post without much forward plot drive.

General Feel of Post: 1.5
I just need more to read.

All Posts: 2.5
Just need more writing. Your posts are short and that makes it hard to develop your character and move the plot. Also, your flash back post did add depth it just seemed a bit forced. Keep working at it. Make your next set of posts a bit longer and try to add balanced depth to your character.

Thomas Barkshield/Bernard:
I got a good feel for your character from this post. Using the flash back story form worked just fine.

This post flowed well. It was interesting to read about Bernard's past.

General Feel of Post: 2
I didn't mind reading the story. It just doesn't always fit the role play right to use a story form to explain a character. It would have been nice to have something that served to move the plot along as well.

Love the interacting that occurred between Bernard and Bryony!

James Gryphon/Ackab:

Great work! I love the development of Ackab during the post you picked.  

Well done! Nothing much to say here other than your posts are great to read.

I really enjoyed reading this post. Your writing style and character are an enjoyable mix.

Great! You moved the plot along and your character is interesting. I'm excited to see how things play out for Ackab!

HanNorwood/Rusila:
Love this character!

Well done! Not much to say, I like it!

I really enjoyed reading this post. You gave great description and your character is intresting.

Great! Keep it up!

Jasper/Jamal:
Fantastic work here! Got a great feel for Jamal.

Well done indeed.

Your posts are a little on the long side but they don't have unnecessary fluff so they work just fine.

Great! You moved the plot along well. Your character is interesting. I'm excited to see what you can do with him!