News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, August 25, 2011, 01:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

This game can be pretty fun, and isn't too complicated.

The Rules
We will have an overlord, who will be all powerful and control the game.
Everyone else will be a servant of theirs to do his or her bidding, which will be a new assignment at the beginning of each round.
The game begins by the Overlord summoning everyone before them and questioning them about whether they got the thing they wanted.

Let's say the Overlord might have wanted a jeep to use.

Example Round:
Stage 1: Who failed?
The Overlord would question one person of everyone in the game (this would be random selection) and ask them why they failed to bring them the thing they wanted (which will invariable happen, no one ever succeeds).
Stage 2: Defenses
That person can then blame their failure on some random thing (like maybe an elephant destroying the jeep) or someone else in the game; anything to shrug themselves off from the immediate blame placed on them.
Pretty much everything goes at this point, following a rough outline of what happened based on the First Accused, who as stated before will be decided by the Overlord at the beginning of the round.
Everyone can blame someone, themselves, keep silent, or introduce some sort of new feature that happened while acquiring the item (in this case, a jeep). Eventually, the Overlord will process the information and decide who failed, or might just get tired of the arguing and randomly select someone at random.
Stage 3: Fault is fixed
The person chosen to have failed by the Overlord is then thrown out, vaporized, or something creative, by the Overlord's orders. The idea is to not be this person, and to survive as long as possible.

Likely, the Overlord will be choosing the best defenses as survivors.

One last thing, whenever someone says something, it becomes fact. It is what happened. If someone says an elephant destroyed a jeep, then anyone calling that person a liar is for certain lying; the jeep was destroyed by an elephant. What's up for telling for someone else is, for example, who set the elephant on the jeep. Things are bound to work a lot better that way.

Remember to keep things civil, stay inside the board rules, keep all hands and legs inside the game until it comes to a complete stop...
One final rule, keep spam, unless it's game spam, to an absolute minimum.
I'll serve as the Overlord for the first game. If you wish to play, copy and place yourself on the sheet below:

Players:
1. Matthias720
2. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
3. Tiria Wildlough
4. Skalrag of Marshank
5. Redwall Musician
6. Coobreedan
7. Captain Tammo
8. DanielofRedwall

Eventually they'll be closed and the game can begin.

We'll see how this goes, eh?
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Matthias720

1. Matthias720

This should be fun. 8)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

1. Matthias720
2. HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Wot happenz if we're defiant againzt the overlord?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tiria Wildlough

1. Matthias720
2. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
3. Tiria Wildlough

ToR, did you think of this all by yourself? It sounds good. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

It's loosely taken from an rp I was once in. I added finality to it, and progression of rounds, and remodeled most of it.

@HiAG: You can be, but it might not work to well for you.

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Once we get a few more people, I'll post the completed sign-up list and promptly get to the opening.

Redwall Musician

5. Redwall Musician (who needs ice cream)
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Coobreedan

1. Matthias720
2. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
3. Tiria Wildlough
4. Skalrag Of Marshank
5. Redwall Musician
6. Coobreedan
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Sign-ups will probably close sometime tonight, in maybe four or five hours. If not, then they'll be open for another 16 or so hours.

Captain Tammo

1. Matthias720
2. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
3. Tiria Wildlough
4. Skalrag Of Marshank
5. Redwall Musician
6. Coobreedan
7. Captain Tammo
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Something I really should have mentioned before is that whenever someone says something, it becomes fact. It is what happened. If someone says an elephant destroyed a jeep, then anyone calling that person a liar is for certain lying; the jeep was destroyed by an elephant. What's up for telling for someone else is, for example, who set the elephant on the jeep. Things are bound to work a lot better that way.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

But tha' leavez the question o' wot exactly iz an elephant open tae be uzed tae confuze thingz...

DanielofRedwall

1. Matthias720
2. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
3. Tiria Wildlough
4. Skalrag Of Marshank
5. Redwall Musician
6. Coobreedan
7. Captain Tammo
8. DanielofRedwall

I'm in!
Received mostly negative reviews.