News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, August 25, 2011, 01:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I'm going to be too busy to start for now, so I'll begin the game in a couple hours. So, last chance to sign-up
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Sign-ups closed.

Players:
1. Matthias720
2. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
3. Tiria Wildlough
4. Skalrag of Marshank
5. Redwall Musician
6. Coobreedan
7. Captain Tammo
8. DanielofRedwall
---------------------------------------------------------

A very large, octagonal-shaped room, painted black on wall sides, and which ceiling was very far up, was the chamber room of the Overlord where he chose to debrief his servants. He had multiple other rooms nearly exactly like this for other purposes, and he would shift between the seven rooms throughout any given day. The only difference between them all was the lighting level; this one was the second to lowest.
The Overlord sat at one end of the room, dressed in dark clothes amidst the heavy darkness. Before him stood his present servants. He spoke.
   "As you should all know by now, one of my buttons on my control panel locks the floor to whatever touches them. Thus, you cannot move your shoes, and because of the outreaching pulse rays, your feet within them, and your legs too since the newest technological upgrade. Anyway, where's my molecular pulse accelerator? I asked you lot to obtain it for me yesterday, so where is it? You were sent out to Wal-mart outside of my impenetrable fortress realm, and you did leave to get me my newest necessity. So, where is it? You, Captain Tammo, you tell me how you all managed to lose it, or fail at obtaining it."

(Playing opened for all players.)

Captain Tammo

Well uh- yer honor sir, I did get you yer molecular pulse accelerator, but ye see, a huge group of strange creatures that called themselves "CIA" ambushed us! There was at least ten score with 'em, I fought with all me bally strength, I took down at least a score or so single pawed. So I tells the others, "quick! We need t' get outta here so we can get our warlord his accelerator! I'll hold these chaps off!" so ye see yer honor, I gave it to Tiria Wildlough, while I stayed back to hold off "CIA" and keep 'em from finding your mighty palace... *gulp*, yer mightiness...
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Taggerung_of_Redwall

OOC:Sorry, but I came up with this on the spot and didn't think some things all the way through. Sorry for that. Some general rules I forgot: Godmoding is pretty much disallowed if not entirely, powerplaying is allowed, just use it sensibly and don't go having somone else getting their leg bit off or something, but it mostly goes. It'll be fine for now though.

"Very well, you're dismissed," said the Overlord. He flinched at his mistake at trying to dismiss Captain Tammo. "Well, keep standing," he corrected himself.
He turned to the rest. "Tiria Wildlough, how did you lose it then, did the "CDT" take it? Or was there a glitch transporting it to another dimension?"
"That happened last time," he added under his breath.
"Any of you see what happened next?" he asked to all eight around his throne.

James Gryphon

(OOC Spectator question: "CDT"? What, the Australian Clearance Diving Team?)
« Subject to editing »

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: James Gryphon on August 26, 2011, 11:09:16 PM
(OOC Spectator question: "CDT"? What, the Australian Clearance Diving Team?)
OOC: xD. That's just the Overlord's misinterpretation of CIA, I'm planning on keeping misinterpretations rather minimum, not a common aspect of the Overlord. I might not have made it as obvious as it should be, though.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"Zir!" said Hiag, his voice thick with his strange Liatakelander accent. "We were ezcapin' with the device when zeveral zcorez o' terror droidz o' the army o' Grach, ruled by King Yult-cau III, zurrounded uz. There were far too many tae fight, zir, an' we were forced tae zurrender. They took uz prizoner tae their orbitin' ztarcruizer, where we were imprizoned." He coughed to clear his throat before continuing. "Ah dinnae ken wot happened tae the device after tha'." He coughed again. "Zir!"

OOC: Liatakelander (Lat-ake-lan-der) Lizard/Bat/Snake/Northlander.....Ah think tha' wid be a braw name fer thiz combination o' accentz tha' ah'm uzin', with bat goin' tae be used after ah look up their zpeech a wee bit more.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

OOC: I like it. You're pretty good at the accents too.

"Whatever, I can get another one later. Of course, as I see it, it's Tiria's fault for not keeping it with her regardless of things. I am to be served, not failed in the process." Said the Overlord, strangely with a feeling of patience in him. Or maybe it was blissful thinking that he could actually deal with this for a few minutes more than usual, caused by the happiness in him about new technological upgrades to his fortresses. Yup, it was the latter.

DanielofRedwall

"Exuse me sir..." DanielofRedwall held up a hesitant hand. It was his first time on the job, and he had failed his master. He spoke in a trembling voice. "I was not able to bring it to you, sir, for you see, when I entered the wal-mart store, a series of strange events took place. You see, just as I was deciding which brand of molecular pulse accelerator I should buy for you, master, somebody tapped me on the shoulder. It was a beaver, sir, a death-defying beaver! They took all of the molecular pulse accelerators off the shelf, all except one, which I managed to save, and took off on their flying invisible bulldozers! I tried chasing them, but when I left the store I ran in to the others, and what took place next was exactly as HeadInAnotherGalaxy said. I thought you should know. Please forgive me, oh mighty one!"

OOC~ I didn't post at the wrong time, did I?
Received mostly negative reviews.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

OOC: No, you're fine. If anyone wants to say something, I'd suggest about now, I'll probably close this round this afternoon or evening.

Redwall Musician

Musician put on her smile and said in her talkative way, "I would have have helped bring it to ye my lord. But as I was captured by scores of terror droids of the army of Grach, ruled by King Yult-cau III, I was knocked out. When I came around the pain I suffered to help the others escape was great. I had to use my head, and lead us all out of the orbiting starcruiser. I was able to order those pizzas you wanted though," Musician finished. She stared up at him, not showing a sign of fear. Perhaps that was because she was thinking about monkeys.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Matthias720

Confidently, Matthias720 addresses the Overlord. "Sir, I wouldn't trust these others to pay attention to anything. After we were attacked in the store, I silently sneaked into the back to find a molecular pulse accelerator in the stock room. I found one there, but before I could grab it, about 25 ninja space pirates attacked me, tied me up, and left me for the terror droids. If they hadn't interfered, I would have gotten the molecular pulse accelerator, you requested."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

The Overlord sighed dramatically, then sat straight up. He said the first word that came to mind. "Lag."

He looked at Matthias720, and then to Redwall Musician. He addressed the latter. "Good, a leader. Can't remember a thing about ordering pizzas, but whatever, I'll keep you around. However, for all of you, your failure is going to be punished. And then, you will bring me a flying bulldozer that is invisible.

"As for you Matthias720, you put on a good tale. So be it, I'll keep you around even if you're so horrible at dealing with ninja space pirates."
"Haven't heard of those before," he muttered.

He turned back to the room of his servants. "I'll give the punishment quickly, my servants. Along such important events as this, many will normally make a speech, and the deliverer of judgement would speak in eloquent manner on condemning the horrible mishap servant, with the greatest care and gravity- but that isn't going to happen. HeadInAnotherGalaxy will be punished, no further comment."

The Overlord leaned back in his chair, as if bored. He pushed a button on his control and, ignoring the terrified look on HiAG's face, released it.
A clanking of gears occurred, and the floor where HiAG was standing on shifted, tilted and shot upwards on a set of springs. The fellow disappeared through a hole in the ceiling, which had just been illuminated.

Further clanking ensued, and a monitor appeared on one of the eight walls, showing a black-and-white fuzzy feed of a small pod shooting into the sky, and then switched to the feed of a satellite, where the pod was now in range of after entering space.

The Overlord pushed a button on his controls, and the monitor screen disappeared with the extra lighting and two holes in floor and ceiling.
He pushed another button and the doors of the chamber clanked open. He waved his seven servants, Matthias720, Tiria Wildlough, Skalrag of Marshank, Redwall Musician, Coobreedan, Captain Tammo, DanielofRedwall, to dismiss since they were not held to the floor any longer.

-------------

A few days later, the Overlord summoned the seven back to the same chamber. He questioned them. "Where is my flying bulldozer I asked for? Skalrag, Tiria, Coobreedan, you did not speak last time. Answer me in explanation or be added to the list of former servants."

OOC: The Overlord has eliminated HiAG from the game. HiAG, you may now commence use with ghost-play if you so desire. You can be imaginative with that, like trying to break a mechanism just for fun.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: Or throwin' rotten tomatoez at the overlord?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

OOC: As long as their ghost tomatoes, then sure.