Axtel Sturnclaw

Started by Nightfire, September 15, 2011, 05:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bragoon

I don't think he passed out, I think he went to sleep on purpose.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Lily on May 10, 2012, 08:57:48 AM
I wouldn't call that a "small paw wound". He was stabbed through the footpaw with a spear and then managed to rescue some captives while the spear head was still stuck in there before he passed out from blood loss and pain. That seems pretty tough to me!
If that is how it happened (and sense you went into so much detail I'm pretty certain it is) than that is no small potatoes... How would you like to run around saving captives with a spearhead in your foot! (Talking to the blademaster and anyone who thinks Axtel isn't tough)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lily

I had the book right in front of me while I was writing the post, so that's my interpretation of what happened, yes. I'm not so sure he went to sleep on purpose; he had the young captives with him and I don't think he would have knowingly left them to fend for themselves in dangerous woodlands.

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Dannflower Reguba

Don't you mean a beast?  ;D

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

Wow. That deserves a facepalm:

Anyway, back on topic, Axtel was awesome! Moles are way underrated!

Felldoh154

I liked axtel. Its a pity he's the only warrior mole

W0NWILL

Vilu Daskar

No. :)
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Felldoh154

No?? You don't like axtel??

Captain Tammo

Lol ^^ face palm

But shouldn't it be facePAW  :o
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

W0NWILL

Wow. That deserves another facepalm.

Anyway, Axtel is one of my favourite characters. There should be more warrior moles.

Redwallfan7

WonWill, that picture is adorable :)
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

The Skarzs

Revival of ooooold topic.

Personally, Axtel Sturnclaw has to be my favorite character in the series. He's unique in so many ways! He's one of the very few creatures who aren't badgers to have the Bloodwrath, he is the only warrior mole, and he's the only warrior in the series who carries an epic hammer. ( ;D )
On the topic of a mole being an Abbot or Abbess, they would certainly be a most steady-headed and logical leader, with their inarguable 'mole logic'. However, they are mostly portrayed as being rather simple; not necessarily a trait that might be wanted in a head of the abbey. In addition to their supposed simpleness, the fact that they have their own dialect might make it difficult for them to lead with much efficiency. I think the best place for a mole (closest to being abbot/abbess) would be as an advisor.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Speaking of his epic hammer, I designed one awhile back when I was actually using my Weapon Art topic. Here's his hammer under the design influence of Blaggut, as he was the one that requested it.

Axtel's Hammer
[close]

I second (or whatever it by now) warrior mole awesomeness.