News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What's Happening?

Started by Skyblade, June 05, 2016, 06:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Barkshield

"Aright, lets get something straight," Tom bellowed "I have the funny feeling I should be cleaving you two in half right now, but thus far I've been generous. So lets all quiet down and do this like civilized beasts. Well, as civilized as you two can get, I suppose. "

OOC: Goodbeasts are hardwired to dislike vermin, right?

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: They aren't.

Before long Ashenwyte came to a large building, which took away his breath. The massive walls were red, and a name popped into his mind. "Redwall." He thought "The name fits. What is this place, though?" He walked closer and saw two beasts standing near the gates. Without thinking, he shouted out and waved.

"Greetings, strangers? Who are you?" He suddenly realised his mistake, but he had a feeling these beasts were peaceful, and he felt like he'd known them.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: It's usually a result of prior bad experiences (their own or others) that predispose them to distrust. I wouldn't say it's an innate characteristic.

BIC: Hearing a commotion farther down the river, Wylder swam back to the bank. Lying at the base of an oak on the river bank was a finely crafted bow, a quiver of arrows, and a thin, well-wrought sword in a scabbard. By pure instinct, he buckled the sword onto his belt, slung the quiver over one shoulder and the bow over the other. It simply felt natural, as if they had been made for him. Shaking himself dry, he sprung up into the branches and bounded off towards the noise.

Before he reached the source, he could smell whiffs of smoke and the scent of roasting meat- fish, it was. Before long, he could hear distinct voices, fraught with tension and danger.

"I have the funny feeling I should be cleaving you two in half right now, but thus far I've been generous. So let's all quiet down and do this like civilized beasts. Well, as civilized as you two can get, I suppose."

He peered down from his perch in the tree and noted with surprise and dismay four beasts with drawn weapons, arguing ferociously over who-knows-what. Enjoying his abilities in spite of himself, he jumped and pulled a backflip, landing squarely in the center of the confrontation. Spreading both paws wide, he said, "Take it easy, guys. I'm having a rather nice morning, and I'd hate to have to ruin it by having to bandage somebeast up because beasts weren't careful where they were waving their weapons." He eyed their drawn weapons disapprovingly. "Come now, we can solve this without drawing blades."
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Groddil

OOC: Edited all my posts.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Yup. Look at the others' posts
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Groddil on June 09, 2016, 04:22:34 AM
OOC: Umm, so we COULD have stuff when we started? I thought we didn't have anything, so how come everyone's finding sword and tents lying around everywhere? ???
OOC: Nothing wrong with having nothing.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

"WHAT THE... Why are there so many creatures here now? What have I done to deserve this? Wake up in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by animals that want me dead!"
Groddil resheathed the knife, swinging the bow from creature to creature.
"Why does everyone always do this? Think they're better than me, try ta take me food an' throw me out in the dirt! I'm sick of it! All of you go away! This is my camp! I made the fire an' I cooked the fish. LEAVE!"
The fox began backing away.

Wylder Treejumper

Wylder shrugged and nodded, though he wondered slightly at the fox's short temper. "I'd say that's a reasonable request. Come on, boys, let's leave the fox alone. If it's food you're looking for, I'm pretty sure I saw a blackberry bush back there." He stuck his thumb over his right shoulder. "A bit spiky, but there's not much better than fresh blackberries for lunch."

Waving the beasts away from the camp, he decided to gratify his curiosity. "So, what are y'all doing around here? Streambank in the middle of the woods seems an odd place for a meeting like that."
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Aimless Gallivanter

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on June 09, 2016, 03:46:43 AM
OOC: They aren't.

Before long Ashenwyte came to a large building, which took away his breath. The massive walls were red, and a name popped into his mind. "Redwall." He thought "The name fits. What is this place, though?" He walked closer and saw two beasts standing near the gates. Without thinking, he shouted out and waved.

"Greetings, strangers? Who are you?" He suddenly realised his mistake, but he had a feeling these beasts were peaceful, and he felt like he'd known them.

Galli jumped, whirling to face the stranger and brandishing her stick. Sheepishly, she lowered it once she saw who it was. Stranger felt like the wrong word, yet she was sure she couldn't remember ever seeing him before. "I'm Ai- Galli. My name's Galli, this is Skyblade. Do you live here?" She gestured to the building beyond the walls.
im gay!!!!!!

Lady Ashenwyte

"Never seen this building before, but it's oddly familiar. So, what brings you here?" He said, the massive gauntlets at his side.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Skyblade

Quote from: Aimless Gallivanter on June 08, 2016, 10:46:46 PM
Galli started up at the walls. They were solid looking and impressive. She shrugged, "Go for it. If they are mean, um..." She noticed the badger's hand on her rapier, and checked her own belt for weapons. Sadly, there were none.  She picked up a stick. "...I'll whack em with this stick, and you can make a run for it." She smirked.
"I don't want to leave you alone," Skyblade replied. "Well, we'll see what happens." She was about to knock when a new voice surprised her.

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on June 09, 2016, 03:46:43 AMBefore long Ashenwyte came to a large building, which took away his breath. The massive walls were red, and a name popped into his mind. "Redwall." He thought "The name fits. What is this place, though?" He walked closer and saw two beasts standing near the gates. Without thinking, he shouted out and waved.

Skyblade jumped. Emitting a strange, badger-like sound, she spun around with her sword raised. The beast standing before her was another badger, dressed in robes.

"Ah," said Skyblade awkwardly, registering that he looked rather friendly, and that his tone had been nothing worse than curious. She lowered her sword. "Sorry, you just surprised me."

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on June 09, 2016, 06:17:02 AM
"Never seen this building before, but it's oddly familiar. So, what brings you here?" He said, the massive gauntlets at his side.
Glancing at the building, Skyblade felt another chill race down her back. It did bring about a sense of familiarity, but she had dismissed it as deja vu. Skyblade sighed; she didn't know what to trust and not trust anymore. "Well, we're both lost, and we were hoping the folks here would help. Who are you, and what brings you here?"

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Kitsune

Kitsune glanced over his shoulder at the others leaving, but did not follow them. Instead, he walked over to where he shot the fish and pulled it from the tree. He walked over to Groddil and held it out to him.

"I'm not sure what's going on, but everyone seems disoriented. I'm not here to take your stuff or invade your territory. I just think it might be a good idea to stick together."

LT Sandpaw

Following the newest arrival away from what had been, "his patch of woods," Sandpaw pouted slightly, shoving his claws between his belt and tunic. At least the squirrel seemed less unpredictable and more rational then Groddil had been. Sandpaw felt more at ease with him, though he still didn't trust the red furred rodent fully.

"I don't know what's going on to tell you the truth." He answered the squirrel, jerking his head towards the two foxes who were talking. "One minute I was alone, here in my home, I live here now, I think. Anyway one moment I was having a usual morning eating breakfast when all of a sudden animals seem to be appearing from everywhere." He slumped his shoulders inspecting the squirrel closely, looking for any sign of deceit. "I'd actually really appreciate a explanation myself. The name is Sandpaw, by the way."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

Groddil lowered his bow, slipping the arrow into his quiver, and took the fish from Kitsune.
"Of course. S-Sorry, I...There's something in my head. I don't feel like myself. I don't even know who 'myself' IS. My name's Groddil...I think. Want some fish?"
The fox drew his knife and sliced the fish clean in two. He offered a piece to the other fox.

Kitsune

"Well, you're not the only one," said Kitsune, "I can only remember my name. Nothing else. Oh, thanks." Kitsune took the piece of fish that Groddil was offering. He turned it over in his paws a few times thoughtfully. "Groddil, huh? ...Somehow sounds familiar. Mind if I call you Grod?" He sat down on a nearby log and took a few bites of his fish.