News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Group picture?

Started by Dotti Dillworthy, July 31, 2016, 05:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Unless you did a picture of me and that's the one you insist on not telling me about.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

lass of something much

𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Booklover

Well, I'm not good at art (understatement of the century), so somebody else would have to do me.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

lass of something much

Species:
Fur/plumage colour:
Eye colour:
Clothing:
Details and Accesories (optional):
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Verdauga

Should we get Rosie in on this? Or..... *Goes through the orchards.*
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

lass of something much

𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Rosie Willowwater

You called? ;D

So, what exactly are we doing? I am a little lost.

Verdauga

Possibly coordinating forum artists to draw themselves and possibly a few other members, and editing those onto one picture, that includes all the active members.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Rosie Willowwater

I don't think that editing it together into one cohesive "group photo" will be as easy as you may think. The only real way to make it look like one photo would be to make all the drawings digital with blank white backgrounds.

That is, unless there is a program that allows multiple people to work on one digital piece at once, which may make it easier.

Verdauga

I've seen programs like that in action, but I can't remember any of their names. However, anyone with an advanced enough image editor can trace a selection around the drawn characters, move them to a blank white background, and edit others on in different layers.
Is est:

Layer one:Skarzs, far-right--back-row.
Layer two: Rosie, mid-right--middle-row
Layer three: Lass, mid-right--middle-row (left of Rosie)
Et Cetera, et cetera.

We could also have multiple people on the same layer, as in, Skarzs, Teer, and Kade along the back row would be one layer, but depending on how close we squish the members, you and Lass would be on different layers.

If I were to do this step, I'd use a light gray background, to make the characters stand out and look bright. Of course, we could also use a red wall as a background.

And it really won't look super cohesive anyway, since you guys have different drawing styles. And to use the digital program, you'd all have to have writing tablets that it supports and that support it.

lass of something much

Hmm, maybe I could borow Dad's phone for a bit and draw on that, but it would take a long time...*sighs*
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Verdauga

Especially if it's a phone.

lass of something much

𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Verdauga

It has a smaller screen than a drawing tablet, and might not even be usable for the task.

lass of something much

it's so big you might as well call it a tablet :laugh:
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱