What is the best age to start reading Redwall?

Started by Jess, December 02, 2012, 07:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shisteer of nothing much

I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

cowolter

My son was 8 when he received the first Redwall book (named after the first book in the series) by Brian Jacques. He became obsessed with the series and devoured each one.
I started to read Salamandastron when I was about 12.

lass of something much

noice! it seems most beasts start around that age, what lead you redwall?
(welcome to the forum by the way ;))
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

PanopticEmu

I was 8 or 9 at the time, however it really depends on your level of development. I was also reading LOTR and Shakespeare about the same time, so I was a bit of a special case.
discord: PanopticEmu#0001

DanielofRedwall

I also was about 7-8 when I started reading, but I was a fairly advanced reader at the time. I credit Redwall for probably teaching me most of my vocabulary in all honesty, given they were very close to the only books I read from the ages 7-12. :D
Received mostly negative reviews.

Sailears

Hmm, I was 11 I think, but sure it would suit from the age of 7 up.

It's only some of the killing scenes that maybe some might find unsettling, and maybe things like the slavery in Mattimeo. But tbh I don't think any of it is that dark, and the good creatures always win so at least it keeps a sense of optimism.
My ears, how are you, wot!

Ripred the Gnawer

Quote from: Jess on December 02, 2012, 07:59:34 PM
Hi!  I loved these books as a kid and also as an adult.  What age do you thing would be appropriate to start reading Redwall?  I'm thinking about getting the books for my 10 year old nephew, what do you think?
I am 10, I read these books, and I fell in love with them. They are great! You should definitely get them.
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"