News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders III

Started by DanielofRedwall, October 20, 2011, 09:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

Well, would you look at that, Overlord's Orders has reached it's third round!

This one is a sequel to the second one, based about half a year or so after the events of the previous round. As it is a sequel, I'm not sure how previous members can make themselves servants. Should we say they were brought back to life somehow, and those who didn't sign up again weren't? Also, James Gryphon was the previous Overlord, so what would he do if he wanted to be a servant? Should he be in disguise or something?

Because of a suggestion from Taggerung_of_Redwall, I'll post the rules here:
QuoteThe Rules
We will have an overlord, who will be all powerful and control the game.
Everyone else will be a servant of theirs to do his or her bidding, which will be a new assignment at the beginning of each round.
The game begins by the Overlord summoning everyone before them and questioning them about whether they got the thing they wanted.

Let’s say the Overlord might have wanted a jeep to use.

Example Round:
Stage 1: Who failed?
The Overlord would question one person of everyone in the game (this would be random selection) and ask them why they failed to bring them the thing they wanted (which will invariable happen, no one ever succeeds).
Stage 2: Defenses
That person can then blame their failure on some random thing (like maybe an elephant destroying the jeep) or someone else in the game; anything to shrug themselves off from the immediate blame placed on them.
Pretty much everything goes at this point, following a rough outline of what happened based on the First Accused, who as stated before will be decided by the Overlord at the beginning of the round.
Everyone can blame someone, themselves, keep silent, or introduce some sort of new feature that happened while acquiring the item (in this case, a jeep). Eventually, the Overlord will process the information and decide who failed, or might just get tired of the arguing and randomly select someone at random.
Stage 3: Fault is fixed
The person chosen to have failed by the Overlord is then thrown out, vaporized, or something creative, by the Overlord’s orders. The idea is to not be this person, and to survive as long as possible.

Likely, the Overlord will be choosing the best defenses as survivors.

One last thing, whenever someone says something, it becomes fact. It is what happened. If someone says an elephant destroyed a jeep, then anyone calling that person a liar is for certain lying; the jeep was destroyed by an elephant. What's up for telling for someone else is, for example, who set the elephant on the jeep. Things are bound to work a lot better that way.

Godmoding is pretty much disallowed if not entirely, powerplaying is allowed, just use it sensibly and don't go having somone else getting their leg bit off or something, but it mostly goes.

Remember to keep things civil, stay inside the board rules, keep all hands and legs inside the game until it comes to a complete stop…
One final rule, keep spam, unless it’s game spam, to an absolute minimum.

If you are new to the game, I highly suggest that you read through at least one of the previous rounds, just so you are familiar with how it all works.

One final thing, if you have ANY suggestions or concerns with how I am "ruling", feel free to PM me, I'll take it all on board and change posts if necessary.

So, whose in? If you want in, copy/paste the list above you and add your name to it. I'll update this list as regularly as possible. I'll be ending registration on Monday the 24th of October, but hopefully we would have gotten 8 people by then!

1. Matthias720
2. Redwall Musician
3. Plugg Firetail
4. Taggerung_of_Redwall
5. Muse
6. winifred

Good luck, let's hope this is the best one yet!

Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720

I'll sign up. ^_^

1. Matthias720

Redwall Musician

2. Redwall Musician

As James said at the end of the last round, the punishments he issued were reversible (if I read it right). So maybe you could find a reason to bring us back?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

James Gryphon

As far as explaining the origin of the servants, I figured it would just be glossed over or even outright ignored, as though they hadn't all met ignominious fates in the last round. Since Musician survived the last round, and left in peace, I suppose you could make reference to her character being the same one, just like how you're playing your character from last round, but I wouldn't be too concerned with anyone else.

That said, it is worth mentioning that none of you actually died. In order, what happened to the servants:

1) Muse - Cryogenically frozen
2) HeadInTheGalaxy - Drowned, but defied death
3) Captain Tammo - Disappeared
4) Matthias - Brainwashed by beavers
5) Taggerung - Turned over to the police
6) Redwall Musician - Dismissed
7) DanielofRedwall - Became lieutenant/substitute Overlord

So you could bring everyone's characters from last round back, more or less intact, if you wanted to. :)

If I play -- I haven't decided yet -- I figure it'd make more sense to play as a distinct character from my Overlord, though, since the Overlord said he'd be gone on a very long journey last round -- besides, I wouldn't want you to feel obligated to keep me around extra-long. ;)
« Subject to editing »

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I always assumed nay future games would be totally independent from each other, separated by walls of a distinct universe, if you will.
Of course there's nothing wrong if references, and in this case, we even have a recurring character. At least one.
Well, I think I'll play. So I will probably claim a spot pretty soon
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Plugg Firetail

I'll join.

1. Matthias720
2. Redwall Musician
3.Plugg Firetail

Taggerung_of_Redwall

1. Matthias720
2. Redwall Musician
3.Plugg Firetail
4. Taggerung_of_Redwall

I was hoping for 3 again.

DanielofRedwall

Muse

1. Matthias720
2. Redwall Musician
3.Plugg Firetail
4. Taggerung_of_Redwall
5.Muse

I will not fail this time! i WILL get brainwashed!
(Um this is really fun, bu exactly how does it relate to Redwall?  :D ;)

Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Redwall Musician

Well this board (as well as Cavern Hole, and The Cellars) is for off-topic discussions. Which means they are not related to Redwall discussions. Make sense?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

winifred

I was following the overlord's orders II and I really wanted to play!
1.matthias720
2.Redwall musician
3.plugg firetail
4.taggerung-of-redwall
5.muse
6.winifred
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

DanielofRedwall

When I get home from school tomorrow I'll start this, no matter how many people have joined. I'm delaying starting this in the hopes we'll get at least one more joining, but hopefully we'll be able to get the whole list filled.

DanielofRedwall

1. Matthias720
2. Redwall Musician
3. Plugg Firetail
4. Taggerung_of_Redwall
5. Muse
6. winifred

The base was hidden deep in the Amazon Jungle. The only way to reach it was to either wander aimlessly through the dense jungle for days, or by helicopter. It had been said that the base was once hidden deep in the Pacific Ocean and owned by another man, but the man had left and deep sea explorers had discovered the base. The new owner had everything inside the base moved to a cave in its new home, piece by piece. Although nobody from the general public knew of its new destination, 24 hr patrols were carried out by armed guards, and only those with an ID card could enter.

The Overlord sat in a large leather swivel chair, a cat on his lap, which he gently stroked. He was a man of great mystery. None serving him knew his true identity, none knew how he gained his wealth and none knew where he really lived. Some said that he lived in the base, others said somewhere else in the rainforest, and still some said he lived among normal civilians.

The back of the chair was turned to face his new six servants. They were trapped in plexiglass chambers so they could not escape. Even if one of them managed to catch a peek of his face, he was wearing a balaclava, so none could see who he was. He then addressed them.

"You may be wandering why I called you all so early in the morning. The answer is simple. Your performance in your first mission for me was completely unacceptable. All I asked was that you delivered my hand written complaint message to Apple Inc. In California. I even organized the flights and a bus to take you from the airport to their headquarters. Next thing I hear is that the Apple Inc. headquarters have been attacked by 6 ‘shifty looking characters’ who drove a bus in to the building, killing 20 and injuring even more. Furthermore, I received no reply from Apple Inc. from my letter."

He then thought a while. "As this was your first mission, you don't probably don't know of my punishment techniques. Well, they will be revealed to you soon, as punishment is necessary. However, I don't know who to punish, so I will hear your story out and decide afterwards. Matthias720, please explain what happened on the mission."

Matthias720

Well sir, the plan started out simply. Our trip to California went smoothly, but things became difficult when we landed at LAX.  When we disembarked off the plane, Plugg started to whine about getting some good "old fashioned California dill pickles" from a farm somewhere nearby. Normally we would have ignored such nonsense, but he was so insistent, that we knew we wouldn't get a moments rest until he had some. So we charted a small bus and proceeded to visit several local farms with no avail. At that point, there were still a couple of farms left to visit, and I was growing sleepy. I asked Musician to wake me when we reached Apple HQ, put in ear plugs, and fell asleep.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

"Musician ran off though." Tagg said, shaking his head.
"She jumped out of the bus, took the driver prisoner and ran off for hours. We searched around for her, leaving Matthias to his sleep. The bus was broken though, and we were in the middle of nowhere. When we found her, she was sitting in the middle of a fairy ring. The mushrooms were equipped with lasers and pistols though, and we had to think of a good way to rescue her. At that point, seventeen strange looking men appeared with guns that shot red pulses knocking anyone out if they were hit."