[finished] Duggor vs. Turnob (Groddil vs. TammLeo)

Started by Captain Tammo, October 15, 2016, 07:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Malumgula gave a mighty kick and sent his fighter, Turnob the ferret, stumbling into the arena. "Kill the other worthless wretch who's in there with you and you'll make me a fine penny. If ye think that losing 'll make ye live longer, I'll see to it that you're fed to my cooking fire before the day is out!"

Turnob stood up and gave a nervous nod to Malumgula that partly said "Yes, m'lord." and partly said "Okay, okay, jeez ye don't have t' kick me!". He picked his weapon of choice, a bow, off the flat, dusty stadium ground and frowned at it. The string had snapped. Just his luck. Thankfully, the arrows in his quiver were still sharp and could come in handy in close quarters. The bow would have to work as a staff for him. Turnob swung the bow in a figure eight motion to test its grip in his paws. It was awkward at best, but was his best chance at staying alive. A crowd of a few score lined the perimeter of the stadium. Cheering some, booing and hissing more. must not be big fans o' Malumgula he thought, can't say I'm not with 'em there...

He took a deep breath and dusted his clothes - not much more than a few rags sewn nicely together. He wore no armor, which could present an issue for some, but Turnob was a quick creature and he was confident that victory would be his so long as he kept focused. He shrugged his shoulders in an effort to relax himself as the gate on the opposite end of the arena and @Peony emerged.

"Jus' another creature, same blood as everybeast else. We'll see how long this chump lasts..."
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Captain Tammo

OOC: Just for fun, not necessarily for the competition, would anyone like to jump into this fight?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Groddil

OOC: I don't see why not. May as well go up against myself, so to speak. :p Gimme some time to put up a character?

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I offer Bracklew up as tribute to Groddil. :P

If you wanna. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on October 25, 2016, 01:02:17 AM

OOC: I offer Bracklew up as tribute to Groddil. :P

If you wanna. ;)

OOC: Bracklew as of when? How many paws does he have?

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I don't care, you decide. Currently in the RP it wouldn't make a whole lot of a difference, as his left paw was pretty useless anyway before it got cut off. And he's been at the same level of skill throughout the RP.

Unless your talking about before it was injured, in which case he wasn't even a fighter then. Just a kid with the guts to break his fingers to escape some pirates. :P

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

OOC:

Hmm, I dunno. I find it hard to RP other people's characters, so I'll probably end up using someone else. Thanks anyway, though.

EDIT:

Decided to go with a canon immigrant. In fact, I might even add this into the story later, just replacing Malumgula with Grubslug.

Character

Name: Duggor
Species: Mole
Gear and Stuff: Rough tunic for clothing, rusty arena-issue sword and a sling for weapons.
[close]

Captain Tammo

Awesome! You're up for posting the next part of the duel

Groddil

From the other side of the shallow, dusty pit that served as the arena came a mole, roughly tossed over the side by two huge weasels. His black fur, once smooth and velvety, had been caked in mud, and stripped away to reveal rough scars. A large bruise over his eye served as a reminder of the tough journey he had been forced to undertake. The journey that would either end here today, or would last many long, hard seasons. His thought was disrupted by a lanky stoat, who jumped into the pit.
"I'll skip th' formalities an' get straight to it! Two beasts enter, one beast leaves! Here, we 'ave Turnob o' Grubslug's band. An' o'er 'ere, we got one of their slaves, Duggor, bein' punished fer disobedience with a quick bout in the 'ole. Two beasts enter..."
The vermin that crowded the outside of the pit roared as the stoat hauled himself out.
"ONE BEAST LEAVES!"
Duggor looked at his blade. Covered in rust, it could snap any moment. Useless. He unwound his sling, in much better condition, and fitted a pebble he picked up into it. Squinting, he whirled the weapon and sent the pebble flying in the direction of his opponent. It probably wouldn't hit, but so long as he could keep the ferret at bay...

Captain Tammo

The rock hit Turnob straight between the eyes. "Oh no, I am slain!" He cried, and he fell over dead.

OOC: great match, Groddil! Really didn't see that one coming. Well played!
Okay I'll actually write a real response tomorrow, I just need to get my homework done, first! Also, since when are we in the thunder dome?!

Groddil

Quote from: Capt. Leonardo V Williams on October 25, 2016, 03:19:09 AM
The rock hit Turnob straight between the eyes. "Oh no, I am slain!" He cried, and he fell over dead.

Okay I'll actually write a real response tomorrow, I just need to get my homework done, first! Cool. Also, since when are we in the thunder dome?!Since when? Since I started feeling like re-watching the Mad Max movies, o' course! :p

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Capt. Leonardo V Williams on October 25, 2016, 03:19:09 AM

Okay I'll actually write a real response tomorrow, I just need to get my homework done, first! Also, since when are we in the thunder dome?!

OOC: okay here's the real response!

Turnob saw his opponent send a missile off in his direction and he slowed down, but only for a moment. The projectile was off though not by a lot. It was either a lucky first shot or this mole was a formidable opponent. Turnob had not any long-range weapons on him, but moles were stubby creatures who were only strong if they could get close enough to do their damage with those digging claws of theirs. Turnob grunted and tried to put on an extra burst of speed, coming at Duggor in an arc. The bow with the snapped string was long and stout - it would be able to hold up for a while. Turnob was confident that he would be able to keep Duggor at exactly the distance he needed to.

Then again, if he won this fight, chances were that Malumgula would only turn around to throw him in the next one. As long as he was making money, Turnob was a worthy investment. Already he felt the will to press on slipping away from him - focusing would not be an easy thing to do this battle, especially if the mole was anything better than a lousy fighter.

The ferret grunted and readied himself as it came down to the last fifteen or so paces between himself and Duggor.

Groddil

Duggor began fitting another stone in his sling when Turnob charged him. He whirled it in a circle in front of him, trying to keep the ferret at bay.
"Stay away from oi, 'ee monster. Oi won't feel bad if'n anythin' 'appens to 'ee!"
The mole began backing away, but his back soon hit the wall. What was the point in running when he was already living on borrowed time? No. No, he had to stay alive. For the young ones, if nothing else.

Captain Tammo

Despite seeing the mole load another shot and start whirling his sling, Turnob made himself press forward despite every instinct that told him to hold back. If that mole loosed his paw at the right moment, and at the right speed, he could end Turnob's life in a fraction of an instant. The ferret let out a roar as he pushed himself to close the gap between himself and the mole. Raising his bow over his head, Turnob prepared to --

thwack!

"YYYYREAAAAAGH!"

Turnob screamed and let his bow hit the ground. The stone had hit him, though in just the right way for Turnob to miraculously still be alive. He spat out a tooth and let his jaw hang limply. Staggering backward, he looked at the mole as if he were just noticing him for the first time.

Unadulterated rage welled in the ferret's body. If Turnob were able to snarl at the mole, he would have. Instead his whole body shook with anger. Spurred on by his this new rush of rage, Turnob once again picked up his bow and made a haymaker-like swing at his opponent.

Groddil

OOC: Duggor never actually slung the stone, he's whirling the sling in front of him in a circle. And Turnob's a ferret. :p Imagine you're looking at Duggor (the X) from the front. The stuff around the Xis how the sling's moving.

---
/     \
|  X  |
\     /
----