Red Waters, Almond Eyes (Sandpaw vs Ashleg)

Started by LT Sandpaw, October 23, 2016, 10:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Don't forget Ublaz

IC:

"U-Ublaz m'lord." The rat squirmed in terror as the bone scimitar slid along his ear. "C-Commander Sagitar told me too shoot y'lordship in th' back. H - Her orders sire."

"It would appear lord," Calcabba commented from his place to the left of the throne. "That Captain Ublaz was'n' as agreeable wit' yer rise to power as we first thought. In fact, at this moment his crew is blocking off all th' exits and entrances to th' castle, probably in hopes o' starving us out."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

"Truce?! Ya have us surrounded!" Snarled a rat from his lookout post.
"Either throw yer weapons away and lose some 'f the soldiers, or get off our lawn!"

--

Inside, Vilu issued a sigh that sounded strangely calm.
"So be it," he said to Calcabba, bending forward to tickle his prisoner's neck with his bladepoint.
"Sagitar, really? You wouldn't mind describing this horrid mongrel to me, would you...?" The stoat trailed off as if expecting the rat to say his name.

LT Sandpaw

"Shut up brigand and listen closely," Ublaz snapped throwing courtesy to the winds. "I wish to speak with that fool of stoat you call master to discuss his surrender!" He held his paws akimbo showing his resolution to remain exactly where he was. "Either Vilu comes and fights me on open ground, or he starves inside that castle with the rest of you." Ublaz regained some of his composure, and rocked back on his heels.

"Well move too it you lazy cur, I've got important matters to discuss. I haven't all day to sit around in the sun."

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Er, er she's a rat." The rat said looking a little confused and a bit cross-eyed from staring at Vilu's balde. He scratched his stomach in thought for a moment never once taking his eyes off the metal point. "She's got er, brown fur, yeah I think so yer lordship."

Ashleg

"What do they call you, frogwalloper?" Vilu hissed, jerking the blade back to lightly cut the rat.
"You are awfully dim. There are many brown rats! What defining features does she have? Armor? Weapons? I don't know, eye color?"

Just as he was about to continue the rat from the watchtower came stumbling in.
He vowed awkwardly and said, "Milord, th' sassy marten's at th' gate, an' 'e wants to speak t' you! Sir."

LT Sandpaw

"Ow, ow mercy m'lord, they calls me Gullup, just Gullup yer worshipness." The rat cowered before Vilu pawing at the tiny wound. He didn't spend any time considering Vilu's second question, not wanting to get cut again, he blabbered out all the information he knew about Sagitar. "She is erm, big an 'as clothes on like me. We took 'em off dead 'ordebeasts to blend in. I dunno 'er eye color, mebbe brown, she's got herself bow n' arrer, I knows that I do, jus' like I did."

Ashleg

OOC-
If you want him alive, tell me and I'll edit it.
IC-
"Gullup. Just like you did...good to know."
Vilu thrust back with the shining blade and slit the rat's throat.

Sliding casually off of his chair, he paraded up to the guard and motioned with a claw to lead the way.
"I'll have that marten walking circles of shame by the time I've finished with him."

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Its cool

IC:

Waiting patiently on the sandy sward below Ublaz rested his gaze on a lone beetle as it crawled resolutely towards him. His almond eyes snapped upwards to the wall as Lask hissed a warning to him.

"Here zey come lord."

Smiling Ublaz waved the white flag to the figures on the wall, whispering to Lask. "Do you suppose Sagitar is in position, general?"

"I do not know lord, zhe is a capable beasst." Lask hissed back, glaring in his reptilian way. "If zhe failz, there will be retribution from all ssidez. Ze rat will pull zrough, or die."

"True." Ublaz raised his voice, addressing Vilu. "Greetings you great pile of sea scum and rotted wood, I have come to accept your surrender! I've got the numbers to keep you trapped in that pile of stones for seasons on end, surrender and I might spare your worthless life."

Ashleg

Vilu's mouth curled up into a twisted smirk as he padded toward Ublaz.
"Train your arrows on that marten," he said as he pointed a claw at the watchrats.

Striding up to the gate and sticking his snout through, the pirate stoat let out a coo of laughter.
He found the marten's ensemble quite peculiar.
"Why, but you're the one who's carrying the white flag." He grinned at his remark and pulled back, marching back and forth inside.
"Hmm...no, I don't think I will." He raced back up to the gate. "Is that the white flag of surrender, or the flag of war? White, war, they start with the same letter. Oh how you do surprise me."

LT Sandpaw

"Its a flag of truce you shabby excuse for a pirate," Ublaz growled, drawing closer to the gate. The archers would have to bend well over the battlements to keep their arrows pointed at him, making them easy targets for his own sharpshooters.
"Alright stoat, you're separated from your crew, and your fancy new castle is surrounded." Ublaz tried to lock eyes with Vilu, but the blasted sun was blinding him, forcing him to squint. No matter, it would make it easier for Sagitar to take her shot from inside the citadel. "I know you aren't very bright, so I'll make this simple and use short words you lily livered sea slug; give up, or die. An easy choice no?"

Inside Sagitar had taken notice of this clever ruse. She snuck around behind the stoat with her remaining crony, who readied his bow aiming at Vilu's back. "Get 'Im," she whispered to the rodent archer. "An' don' miss, or I'll gut ye myself."

Ashleg

"That isn't how a truce works, you flower-furred marten." Vilu sneered, whirling around.
"Petty idiot, blasted bloomer, shoot him, you fools!" As he quit yelling and actually looked, he took in the creatures behind him.
Brown fur, similar uniform...
The stoat grinned widely and clapped his paws together. "Sagitar! Before Gullop died he told me all about you. Now, now, guards, don't shoot Ublaz, shoot these two."

LT Sandpaw

Spinning around Ublaz narrowly avoided an arrow shaft loosed at him by an overeager archer. The pine marten jumped his tail bottlebrushing as the arrow buried itself next to him.
"Idiot, Vilu ordered you to shoot Sagitar!" He shouted, shaking a paw at the archer that had nearly hit him. "Turn and loose at the proper target you moronic buffoon!" The archer spun around as ordered reaching for a second arrow, only then realizing he was following the enemies' orders.

"'Ey, 'ang on." He spun around again, in time to see Lask, Bowfly, and Ublaz hightailing it back to the safety of the dunes.

Sagitar meanwhile wasn't waiting around for the watchrats to shoot her. Pushing her companion into harms way she turned tail and fled. The would-be assassin behind her screamed in agony, dead before he hit the ground as the arrows found their mark.
"Fool," she growled in self-justification of her callous act. "He didn't shoot Vilu when I told 'Im, e' deserved e'ery arrow that hit 'Im."

OOC:
Sagitar is trapped inside the castle, you can capture her if you want.

Ashleg

"Sagitar, don't run, you coward you!"
Vilu laughed, skipping and taking after her.
He didn't know why he was giving chase when he had a castle full of soldiers at his dispense, but there was energy pent up inside him from his recent winnings.
He snatched the bow from the paws of a clueless guard and shoved him out to the side, taking aim.
"Don't flee, now that you've ran inward you have nowhere to go!"

LT Sandpaw

This self evident truth was slowly making itself known to Sagitar. She had nowhere to go! Running in a zigzag pattern to hopefully throw off any archers she began to find herself corralled into a corner of the walls, with her only options making a desperate charge through the middle of Vilu's army, or surrendering. She went for the latter.

"Don' shoot, I give up!" She cried throwing up her paws and dropping to her knees. "I'll tell ye anythin' ye wanna know jus' don' kill me." She begged in a mournful tone, her eyes growing larger as Vilu drew closer.

Hidden behind the dunes Ublaz watched the walls, waiting for any sign of pursuit. There was none, perhaps Sagitar had been useful after all. Ublaz supposed that such a sacrifice was worth the cost, of course now he needed a new trident rat commander.

He looked over his small army where they waited crouched in the shade, waiting for his orders. He'd have to consider his next appointment carefully.

OOC: Have you decided, or do you want to scrap the idea?

Ashleg

OOC-
This just reminded me to look!
Guja, he was Ublaz's steersrat before he turned traitor, I believe. I really liked that guy.
IC-
Vilu smirked and continued toward Sagitar, this time calmly.
His army began closing in from the sides.
"Whatever would I need to know? Gullop told me everything. Technically I don't need you....but...."

LT Sandpaw

"You do need me," Sagitar pleaded clasping her paws before her. "I know so much more about Ublaz then that fool Gullup, how he thinks, what he eats, where he goes." The rat suddenly had an epiphany waving her paws desperately as she became completely surrounded. "I know all about Ublaz's mad eyes, you'll regret it if you don't know about them!"