OOC: Undecided

Started by The Skarzs, January 07, 2017, 11:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Ashleg on September 08, 2018, 04:47:25 AM
You can have your dude back

Thank ye kindly. I really liked Hacklaw as a character.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

Sand. You changed things.

I like it.

Just as a side note, I skipped through the day to the evening. Can you work with that?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

I certainly can. I made sure to state that Hacklaw was waiting outside Redwall until early evening before he was informed of Rallowan's departure.

LT Sandpaw

Are we going to have any of the groups catch each other?
Also Skarzs, do you want to continue RPing the situation at Redwall?

The Skarzs

My original plan was to have both Rallowan's and Elijah's groups catch up to Darrin, and it would be a fantastic mess. But then you threw Hacklaw into the mix, and now I'm thinking he'll end up just barely missing them.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

I am well and truly stuck now. There is nothing that Rowan can do other than character building (which is fine and great but not great timing) and useless-to-the -plot mindless activities.

The Skarzs

I'm at a loss what to do there. I may have made a mistake skipping forward so much, but at the same time there isn't a whole lot to do other than character building until the groups meet.

I do need to post, though.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Might I make a suggestion?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Suppose we skip to a few hours later when everyone has been on the move again, and its getting towards early evening and its getting dark again. Then Rallowan and his squad bump into Elijah, Rowan, and the Redwallers and the begin to fight, the Redwallers being outnumbered start to lose, and the NPC extras die.

Imagine the scene. Its tense, shadows growing and all hope lost; Rallowan and his gang bearing down on a surrounded Elijah and Rowan, the otter warrior prepared to sell his life dearly to protect his young companion when, BOOM! The cavalry arrives with Hacklaw and his score. The fighting is fierce, Hacklaw cleaving his way through the deserters in an attempt to get at Rallowan. The fox runs, or fights, or gets away, or dies, I don't know that's up to you.

In the end most of the vermin are dead, Hacklaw has fewer then five of his own warriors left standing fit to fight, and the deserters are all dead or scattered. Hacklaw talks with Elijah, learns he's pursuing Darrin as well. Knowing he no longer has the troops to take Darrin alone, and having seen and been impressed by Elijah's prowess on the battlefield Hacklaw offers a momentary truce, a unsteady alliance between vermin and woodlander in the hopes of tracking down Darrin and each of them serving their individual justice.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend type thing.

The Skarzs

That is very well thought-out.

However, after Hacklaw and Darrin encounter each other, and whatever comes of it, there is still the vermin at the Abbey.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 21, 2018, 06:04:13 AM
That is very well thought-out.

However, after Hacklaw and Darrin encounter each other, and whatever comes of it, there is still the vermin at the Abbey.

Yes, but we, and the Redwallers can cross that bridge when they come to it.

The Skarzs

I'm not letting it come to a Deus ex machina, though. No Salamandastron rescue. :P

Hm. Well, I'd like to still implement a plan that Corn and I came up with. Elijah will eventually die, and I was thinking Rowan could take up the mantle of Warrioress, given some personal growth. (Not that that means she'll be able to defeat the horde single-pawed.) My original plan was for Rallowan to kill him, seeing him as a worthy quarry.

Ooooooooooh.

See, this is why, when I don't have ideas, I just need to start writing it out and the ideas will come.

So, Rallowan catches up with the Redwallers. They fight, being overwhelmed, just as Hacklaw attacks the other vermin. Rowan, being of good character, is willing to stand up to Hacklaw. Between her and Elijah he offers the truth. Rallowan, however, gets away, and terrorizes them by himself, eventually fighting Elijah, then Hacklaw. No, I don't plan on having him KILL Hacklaw. But since the fox wouldn't see Rowan as a threat or worth his skill, he allows her the chance to kill him to save others.

How does that sound?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

I was thinking that instead of some Deus ex machina Hacklaw has enough respect for Elijah or Rowan that he leaves their home in peace, but that's a long way off and a lot can happen in between now and then.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.