News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The month game

Started by Skyblade, February 28, 2015, 11:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite month? WHY??

January
0 (0%)
February
1 (5.6%)
March
0 (0%)
April
0 (0%)
May
3 (16.7%)
June
1 (5.6%)
July
3 (16.7%)
August
1 (5.6%)
September
1 (5.6%)
October
4 (22.2%)
November
2 (11.1%)
December
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Skyblade

This is derived from Soren's "Season game", so thanks Soren for the idea! ;D Basically, we go through the months, saying something about each one. It can be something general, like "January is cold" or "November has a cool name", or something personal such as "This month is special because (blah)" or "I don't like this month because (bleh)". Alright, no use waiting! Let's go ;)

This may be the first time I truly felt enthralled in January because of the idea of a new year. It truly is a blessing we have lived to see 2015! At least, I consider it to be. Last month, I found myself thinking about the year that stretches in front of me like a path to travel. I realized that sometime in 2015, I will (with a 99% probablilty) at some point or another laugh and cry. I will smile. I will feel stressed, angry, excited, tired, elated, nervous, joyful, lonely, thankful, depressed, and calm. I wonder what the year holds, but I must live it to find out. And I know this sounds so cheesy, like something one would find in a soppy speech. But it's honest, and I think being truthful is more important that trying to be cool or whatnot.

And the same holds for you ^

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Wylder Treejumper

August, because August is the only month when it doesn't rain in Western Washington.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Delthion

October, it's mildly cold and brisk, and the skies are quite often grey.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Banya

October, because of colourful leaves, clear air, cute clothes and marching band.

Skyblade

Cool responses everyone. Banya, you're in marching band?! :D

I don't have a favorite month, because I can't choose. It would probably be between:
- May (a lot of exciting things going on at school)
- August (my birthday and that's when school starts)
- December (colder weather, Christmas)

But I like all of them.

Hickory

May. Spring is in full flow, with trees gaining green leaves and the weather perfect for going outside. Perfect, in fact, to play football/soccer (for our americans) or to have swordplay with friends.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

Cool viewpoints, you all :) Now going on with the month game.

February... um, Valentine's Day is a bit exciting :D

Delthion

Agreed, co-op bowling outing! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

BlueRose

July, because staying up until midnight on the fourth, watching fireworks from the lake under the bridge.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Skyblade

I know I distracted y'all with the poll but don't forget the point of the game, too ^^ Going through the months in order and saying something about each one.

So, like, the next one is March. I wonder why it's called March.

Banya

Quote from: Skyblade on March 01, 2015, 01:32:03 PM
Banya, you're in marching band?! :D

I was on the drumline for four years in high school, but I'm not in marching band in college.  Now I just enjoy watching the shows.

Next up.. April.  Wet and warm and smells like earthworms.  Popular girls' name.  Stone: diamond.  Flower: sweet pea.  Or is it daisy?  I wasn't born in April so I don't care.  April means rainboots and final exams.  April neatly wraps up the school year for colleges on semesters.

Luftwaffles

June... because my brother was born that month, and thus, it is the most special month of the whole year.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Gonff the Mousethief

November. My birthday month, but it also houses nice weather that suits me perfectly and Thanksgiving, my second favorite holiday.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Banya

*starting over*

January.  It's welcomed in with confetti poppers and horns and sparkling grape juice and celebration, but the entire month is spent putting away Christmas decorations, complaining about the cold, and longing for spring.  It's a pretty miserable month, but sledding makes up for everything else.

Amarith Waterspring

February. 1 it's my birth month and a lot of people I know have birthdays there too
And Valentine's Day
And snow
And no bug bites or allergies
And stuff I am probably forgetting. :P
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.