News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

World States Rules

Started by Dannflower Reguba, July 09, 2020, 08:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

This message should always contain the active rules being used for the creation of World States (WS). In the event of a major change to the rules, an announcement should be made on the primary board.

As of now, the rules will be relatively light, I want y'all to have as much freedom of creativity for these projects as possible; However, I also want to ensure that there's juuuust enough direction to maintain some baseline expectations.

Rules

1.) - Mapping: This will be the greatest constraint that I can foresee. Any finished WS will be required to have a functional map. Each map will be judged in regards to it's respective WS. All major locations should be marked, and the general look of the terrain should be simple to decipher from the image (plains, mountains, etc.)

2.) - Critical Components: Locations (Redwall), Regions (Mossflower), and Factions (Redwallers/Woodlanders). These three components are near essential to a WS, though if you believe that you've good reason to cut one of these, feel free to inquire with me to make your case (who knows, maybe you've got an unexpectedly exotic stroke of genius ;)). There are currently no numerical requirements, they are simply building blocks that I expect to be used at large.

3.) - Completion and Induction: Once finished with a WS, please compile all of your information into a spoiler on the OP and add a mention with my name on it for judging. I will then assess the WS and decide whether or not it is ready for induction into the directory (which I would then do), or needs some more polish, at which point I will be sure to let you know my reasoning for the decision. Listed below are some of the criteria I will take into consideration when making my judgments.

- Creativity and/or uniqueness: Self explanatory.

- Detail: Also self explanatory, though be careful with what you add, as TOO much detail can also mar your work. These WS's are intended to be easily adoptable by a GM enough room to manipulate the components to fit their own vision and desires.

- Flexibility: This is in reference to the notes on detail, how easily can your WS be adopted?

- Cartography: Quality of mapping, potentially the biggest hurdle to be cleared.

- Scope: Size isn't a huge deal per se, but having enough space to really flesh out the world is important enough that I believe this note deserves a mention.

- Thematic Execution: How well can you stick to your desired vision whilst still maintaining the spirit of Redwall.

And that about sums it up at this time, I hope you enjoy your projects, and be sure to ask any questions you might have in the designated Q&A topic. Cheers!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This