News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Wildflower Inn OOC Discussion/Sign-Up

Started by Mara the Wolf, October 31, 2020, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quest: Go After a Slaver Band, Which Turns Into a Fight Against Searats

Yes
8 (88.9%)
No
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: December 14, 2020, 05:09:11 PM

Mara the Wolf

RP for the Inn: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=11892.0

Welcome, one and all! I'd like to try something I once saw over on Fanfiction's Redwall forums (unfortunately, said Wildflower Inn over there, as well as every single Redwall forum period, is dead.). Wildflower Inn is a place where you come in, post your character sheet(s), grab some grub, maybe a room, and go on quests! Yes, you read that right: QUESTS!

Essentially, anyone can post ideas for quests (or I might post one myself), we'll choose one (it has to get by me first, so make it sound interesting :P. If I like the sound of it, we'll put it to a vote.), and we'll start our epic (or maybe not-so-epic) adventure.

The Wildflower Inn is run by my Redwall fursonas, Masika the otter & Mara the wolf. Occasionally, they might join in on a quest too. (You can expect other OCs by me, I'm just saying my fursonas might occasionally join in.)

The only rules are:

• No lemons.
  • No godmoding.
  • No powerplaying.
  • Keep your characters balanced. No Neos (The Matrix).
  • No guns or modern technology beyond field surgery. I love The Urthblood Cycle, but seriously, no guns.
  • No magic. Seers are ok.
  • Redwall races only. No humans, elves, dwarves, hobbits, goblins, orcs, dragons, etc. You want those, head to a Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Inheritance, or How to Train Your Dragon forum (not that I have a problem with thoses fandoms, just...not here, guys.)
  • You have to submit a character's character sheet over here first. If they break rules 4-7, they're not allowed.
  • You are allowed to submit OCs written for a fanfiction, Redwall Survivor, Redwall Survivor Mini-Contests, other RPs, etc., so long as they follow the rules.
  • Once you've made/submitted your character(s), send 'em over to Wildflower Inn. That's where your characters form parties & sign up for quests, after all.
  • You can submit characters from other fandoms (The Rats of NIMH / The Secret of NIMH, Watership Down, Tailchaser's Song, Welkin Weasels, Silverwing, Varjak Paw, Warriors, Guardians of Ga'Hoole, and The Mistmantle Chronicles), so long as they still manage to fit Redwall canon. What does that mean? Well, for example, in Welkin Weasels, stoats keep weasels as near-slaves, at least until Sylver and his gang win their freedom. Or in Watership Down, rabbits have their own language. And in Watership Down and Tailchaser's Song, the rabbits and cats, respectively, have their own mythology. Just so long as it doesn't outright clash with Redwall - no references to real-world religions, and only the vaguest implications towards existence of humans. Also, Welkin Weasels features magic. If you make a magician, be sure to not make them too OP (Over-Powered) and make sure to point out it's from a fandom featuring magic - and I will check to make sure you're not lying.
So whaddaya say? Sounds fun?
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

The Grey Coincidence

I sort of already signed up for this before, so I guess I'm obliged to toss my hat in the ring now that it has manifested over here
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Mara the Wolf

I took the FF forum down, Grey. There's no obligation to sign up if you don't want to.
Fursonas:

The Grey Coincidence

Nah, I'm in. The quest system sounds interesting

shisteer of nothing much

I'm also in! I will make a character whenever I next have spare time. (Though I may involve some of my already created characters)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

Already created characters are more than welcome, shisteer! I only ask we keep it to Redwall races - i.e., animals. No elves, humans, orcs, hobbits, goblins, dragons, etc., and no modern tech/weapons (i.e., guns, tanks, submarines, etc.). Taverns, ports, money, & surgery are ok.
Fursonas:

Jarky Thistlebrush

I am also in! I may not have much time, buuuut...
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Mara the Wolf

One other thing: I asked Dannflower Reguba if this could have it's own sub-board. The answer:

QuoteI'd both advise and allow you to have one topic in the RP board dedicated to just stuff that happens in the Inn, and then making individual topics for each of the active quests.
Fursonas:

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Masika on October 31, 2020, 08:52:15 PM
Already created characters are more than welcome, shisteer! I only ask we keep it to Redwall races - i.e., animals. No elves, humans, orcs, hobbits, goblins, dragons, etc., and no modern tech/weapons (i.e., guns, tanks, submarines, etc.). Taverns, ports, money, & surgery are ok.
Excellent!

So, I gather, until the first quest has started, we'll just have our characters lounging around in the inn, perhaps drinking, chatting and singing with each other, ordering food and generally enjoying themselves?
Another question: Goodbeast or vermin species? Does it really matter in this setting? (I mean, there can usually be exceptions, but, on a pirate island, the only goodbeasts likely to be in an inn are either slaves or beasts in disguise. Similar situation for an inn located in a Long Patrol outpost thing)

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

@shisteer of nothing much
QuoteSo, I gather, until the first quest has started, we'll just have our characters lounging around in the inn, perhaps drinking, chatting and singing with each other, ordering food and generally enjoying themselves?
Yeah, pretty much.

QuoteAnother question: Goodbeast or vermin species? Does it really matter in this setting?
Doesn't matter shisteer. Lynxes, foxes, wolves, weasels, otters, badgers, hares, rabbits, sparrows, arctic foxes, wildcats, hamsters, mice, squirrels, wolverines, all are welcome here!

Quote(I mean, there can usually be exceptions, but, on a pirate island, the only goodbeasts likely to be in an inn are either slaves or beasts in disguise. Similar situation for an inn located in a Long Patrol outpost thing)
Wildflower Inn is located in the northwest coast of the Northlands (some miles north of the caves Martin the Warrior originally lived in), but don't limit yourself to certain species. Make whatever you want!

Anyways, here's the gals who run the Inn!

Name: Masika

Species: Otter

Appearance: Pretty much a bipedal Eurasian otter in a brown tunic & belt.

Personality: Sweet and playful, if just a tad impatient/snarky (mostly with Mara, though). She's got a kind spirit, but don't make her mad! Loves kids (most of the time). The (slightly) more in-charge one.

Weapons: An oak staff and bow.

Name: Mara

Species: Wolf

Appearance: A big black wolf with yellow eyes dressed in a black tunic & belt.

Personality: Mara's more snarky than Masika, but she's otherwise pretty nice. A tad lazy (but only concerning cleaning!). Not someone you want to mess with, either.

Weapons: A simple hand-and-a-half sword & a bow.

And here's my favorite Redwall OCs.
Spoiler
Name: Maut (pronounced "Maht"; Matt, but with an "ah" in the middle)

Species: Silver Fox (That's a red fox with melanism, fyi)

Appearance: Maut is a fairly average fox in terms of build. He has silver fur with black ears, tail tip, and face, and golden eyes. He wears a simple light-black tunic with a belt.

Personality: Maut is typically friendly, until you give him reason to be otherwise. He's a bit confident in himself, but he ain't a braggart. He's clever, knowing many skills, as he's mercenary - he'll take almost any job that comes his way. He can be a bit of a flirt with vixens, but he knows when to back off. Maut's best friend is Veach, and threatening and/or harming Veach is a surefire way to get on Maut's bad side. He hates it when people mispronounces his name.

History: Little is known of Maut's past. This fox has been working as a mercenary since he was 14-16. He's actually got something of a reputation in his hometown as a skilled mercenary and spy. He's taken many jobs that have had him all over Mossflower, and even a few in the Northlands. While he does have a home back in his little village, Maut mainly stays there when he has no jobs; most times, once he's finished one job, he'll look for another wherever he's currently at.

Weapons: A broadsword & a bow and arrow.

Skills: Maut's very good at sneaking around at night and in the shadows, thanks to his silver-and-black fur. He's also well-prepared, like remembering to bring snout-kerchiefs when traversing through Flitchaye territory. He knows most of Mossflower like the back of his paw, given he's been through most of it.
[close]

Spoiler
Name: Veach

Species: Stoat

Appearance: Veach looks like a normal stoat. He wears only red bandana around his neck and nothing else. Unlike everyone else, Veach walks on all fours and only walks on his hind legs when he's holding something.

Personality: Veach is pretty much like a dog - he's loyal to Maut. Despite being very animalistic in nature, Veach can understand what others are saying, and can even understand when someone's shortchanging or planning to betray/backstab Maut.

History: unknown

Other: Veach fights the same way a real stoat would - jumping on his victims and biting their throats.
[close]
Fursonas:

shisteer of nothing much

Ah, see. Gotcha, gotcha.

Spoiler

Name: Nitsyok Sagnarb

Species: Otter.

Build: Tall and heavy.

Weapons: Sling, decent sized knife.

Personality: The young otter is naturally rather impetuous, though his extensive training helps to keep his quick temper under control, most of the time. He has a strong sense of right and wrong and will not let evil go unpunished. Often a tad overconfident, he values the family and friends who will pull him up when he starts leaning too far off the edge.

History: Nitsyok, as the son of the Sagnarbian Holt, joined the otter crew when he was twelve seasons old, ready to learn all that he could about leadership, honour and the craft of battle. He has taken the vow of the warrior to fight evil and defend the weak no matter the cost. He has had many tutors over the seasons and has done his best to take their teaching to heart, though his youth and hotheadedness still comes out from time to time. He hasn't been in any major battles yet, mostly just taking down small vermin bands, but he's competent with the weapons he wields.

Appearance: Dark brown fur with tan markings. Brown eyes, solid jaw and large paws. Wears a dark red tunic. A matching red bandana on his head and a single gold ring on his left ear.
[close]

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

Fursonas:

The Grey Coincidence

Name: Harlapple, but he prefers more brutal sounding and vicious sounding ones like 'Jax the Impaler' or 'Bloodspear' and what will you.

Species: Mouse

Personality: Throw in the political saviness, quick-wit, and charming mannerisms of a well-bred gentlemammal, and mix it in with sadistic glee, cold cunning and ambitions far bigger than he is and you have a Harlapple. He can be charming and pleasant when he wants to be, but has to force himself to do so and can come off as a bit uptight and fancy. He isn't really good at understanding social ques and faux pas and this can lead to many awkward moments. He has a bit of a temper but will not do anything unless he is in a position of superiority. Harlapple is going on quests in order to build up his reputation and generally will do anything in order to succeed in them. Including morally questionable things because Harlapple long since baked his morals into a cake and burned them to ashes.

Appearance: Harlapple is a small, brown mouse with the usual pink tail, paws and feetpaws. He's a bit shorter than the average mouse (perhaps fueling his napoleonic complex) but carries himself as if he were as physically imposing as a badgerlord in their prime. He wears a long red cape, which he would trip over if he weren't as dignified a warlord as he is, and has a small spike attached to the end of his tail to better resemble his idol, Cluny the Scourge.

Weapons: Aside from his tail spike, Harl keeps a small knife on his belt just in case of emergencies, and a double-headed axe he has no business wielding (as it is almost as large as him). He is surpisingly competent as a fighter, despite his lack of formal training, but prefers to work in the intellectual department because, as a mouse, he lacks the physique necessary to outfight most opponents.

History: I don't think it's important because Harl would never talk about it and he's too young to have much of a reputation.

Mara the Wolf

@shisteer of nothing much @The Grey Coincidence @Jarky Thistlebrush

Once you've made/submitted an OC, send 'em over to the Wildflower Inn. That is, after all, where everyone can form parties and sign up for quests. I mean, that's what it exists for. So, go introduce your characters over there, have 'em meet up with at least Masika & Mara. They're guildmasters/Innkeepers, after all!
Fursonas:

Mara the Wolf

Another OC of mine, this one made for a Teenycontest earlier this year on Redwall Survivor:

Spoiler
Name: Nyika

Species: Wildcat

Appearance: A brown wildcat with black stripes and brown eyes. Wears a simple green tunic.
Personality: Nyika longs for adventure, and there's no better place than the Wildflower Inn. She's one clever kitty, but she prefers to be in thick of the action. She's willing to work in groups or alone. This cat is more than happy to do anything she's hired to do, as she's never been anywhere except her hometown of Karravale and to Wildflower Inn on delivery runs. She fancies herself a seafarer, though she's never been on a ship (except to help unload them).

Skills: Nyika's skilled at fishing & weaponsmithing.

Strengths: Nyika, being a cat, and thus one of the larger species, is strong. She's also quick on her feet. She's also good at traps (battle, not hunting).

Weapons: A hand-and-a-half sword, a dagger, and an oak staff.

History: Karravale is place where all the mammalian & avian races have learned to live in harmony generations ago, so Nyika grew up educated (or as educated as Redwallian species tend to be), and longing for some life of adventure. She'd often go the stream in the woods just beyond the farmlands surrounding Karravale, and she quickly learned from the local otters how to net freshwater fish. At the age of 14, Dorian, the local weaponsmith, and a badger, took her as his apprentice and taught her not only how to craft weapons, but also taught her how to fight with a sword and staff. Occasionally, Nyika would take days off whenever the seafaring beasts came into port and help unload the ships. She's been as far as Wildflower Inn (which is a week from Karravale), just for delivery runs, but now she's hoping to become a warrior herself.
[close]
Fursonas: