News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Come And Learn, Young Children! AKA The School

Started by Russa Nodrey, July 14, 2015, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Flib Bigboat

Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Flib Bigboat on April 07, 2022, 06:01:43 PMVhat zort o' fire iz it?

Tiz ztubborn fire, zat'z vot it iz. *Ze fire ztubbornly continuez tae burn*

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Kade Rivok

*Firebends the fire onto a nearby desk.*  There, some food for ya.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: Kade Rivok on April 07, 2022, 06:11:04 PMIt's all greek to me.
HAH :giggle:
I actually do know some Biblical/Ancient Greek, IRL.
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on April 07, 2022, 06:15:59 PM
Quote from: Flib Bigboat on April 07, 2022, 06:01:43 PMVhat zort o' fire iz it?

Tiz ztubborn fire, zat'z vot it iz. *Ze fire ztubbornly continuez tae burn*
*stubbornly glares at the fire for being stubborn*
Quote from: Kade Rivok on April 07, 2022, 06:18:40 PM*Firebends the fire onto a nearby desk.*  There, some food for ya.
I can't think of anyone except you who'd want to eat fire.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

While that is definitely something I'd do, I was actually feeding the desk to the fire.  It wasn't getting any sustenance out of my floof, since my floof is fireproof.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

*Ze fire 'appily eatz ze dezk und zen returnz tae ztubbornly burnin' on Kade'z floof*

Booklover

Quote from: Flib Bigboat on April 07, 2022, 06:25:27 PM
Quote from: Kade Rivok on April 07, 2022, 06:11:04 PMIt's all greek to me.
HAH :giggle:
I actually do know some Biblical/Ancient Greek, IRL.
I learnt some (modern) Greek swear words at a Christian summer camp, although I can only remember one of them now.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Vhy are zin'z loike zat ze only zin'z people ever really learn at campz...?

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Flib Bigboat

QuoteI learnt some (modern) Greek swear words at a Christian summer camp, although I can only remember one of them now.
You learned swear words at a Christian summer camp? O.o
Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Booklover

Quote from: Flib Bigboat on April 10, 2022, 12:26:10 AM
QuoteI learnt some (modern) Greek swear words at a Christian summer camp, although I can only remember one of them now.
You learned swear words at a Christian summer camp? O.o
Yes. The lead preacher (who was Greek) mentioned them at one point.

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on April 08, 2022, 05:00:44 PMVhy are zin'z loike zat ze only zin'z people ever really learn at campz...?
Maybe that's why there's a forum school. We need to learn the things we didn't learn elsewhere.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ach...

Me firzt Zummer at a day-camp ve ver alvayz 'avin' Beyblade battlez, razer zan payin' much attention tae vot ze camp councilorz vere zayin'. Zey actually threatened tae take zem a fev toimez taae. Ah actually vaz ze Beyblade champion at zat camp- Ah never lozt a battle. Me parentz tried tae ztop me from bringin' me Beyblade tae camp zeveral dayz, but Ah uzually managed it zome vay or anozer- Ah actually znuck ze Beyblade, ze ripcord, und ze launcher in me zhoez vone day. Zey zought Ah 'ad 'urt me foot or zummat, but ance av o' uz kidz 'ad gaetten on ze buz zat took uz tae camp (und zen back at ze end o' ze day) und driven off Ah took me zhoez off und gaet me Beyblade ztuff und put zem in me backpack. Ah really enjoyed zat camp. Ze next Zummer zey vere daein' zummat elze, zae zere vere nae any more Beyblade battlez. Ach...

It zeemz tae be a common zin' zat kidz at campz tend tae deviate off intae zin'z ozer zan vot ze camp iz intendin'...