News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Anything new from Redwall then?

Started by daskar666, November 14, 2011, 10:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daskar666

So, during my lengthy absence, have there been any announcements of a new book? Movie? Video game? Anything?

Firewall978

Certainly there is no Redwall Videogame, since I read somewhere that Brian Jacques refused to give the rights to some company to make one for some reason I cannot remember. Other than that, there is nothing new. There is just the 22 books in the series and that 3 season TV series..

daskar666

Quote from: Firewall978 on November 14, 2011, 10:58:04 PM
Certainly there is no Redwall Videogame, since I read somewhere that Brian Jacques refused to give the rights to some company to make one for some reason I cannot remember. Other than that, there is nothing new. There is just the 22 books in the series and that 3 season TV series..
What a pity that the older generations can't appreciate the beauty of novelty. But Brian doesn't own the Redwall IP anymore does he? I would expect his sons do...

Firewall978

At least someone in his family owns the rights....

I hear that Brian Jacques finished another novel, but didn't announce it. Do you know if that is True?

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Actually, I believe Brian Jacques felt he created Redwall and had the right to decide what was done with it.

If you haven't already seen Astral's topicthough, he's creating a game of Redwall.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

daskar666

He finished a novel and DID announce it.
It is known today as The Rogue Crew.

Firewall978

Quote from: daskar666 on November 14, 2011, 11:09:33 PM
He finished a novel and DID announce it.
It is known today as The Rogue Crew.

I mean after The Rogue crew. I heard that He finished another one after that before he died of course.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

He said he wrote during late spring into summer.
If he kept to that the years after that was posted in Ask Brian, then there is no chance.
As it is, I seriously doubt there could be anything more, I would assume we would have heard of it by now.

daskar666

So it appears that, disregarding fan projects, the series is now defunct.

Firewall978

That is kind of sad. I am really going to miss this series. It was the first book series that I ever Liked to read.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Firewall978 on November 14, 2011, 11:20:25 PM
That is kind of sad. I am really going to miss this series. It was the first book series that I ever Liked to read.

Same here. But his legacy will live on no doubt!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Redwall Answers has an interesting backstory, and one I don't want to go into.

And that movie is likely fake. The Miller brothers are developing a movie of one of their books. Why they put something like that up, who knows.
Though a license was supposedly getting close to release by the Redwall Abbey Co. and denied to the deviantart group Redwall Animation.
Wayne Thomas Batson however revealed to me that he "can't reveal too many details", but that this "could be huge." in response to the Miller brothers making a Redwall movie.
Not sure what to think of that.
The Miller brothers however removed their name from that site after they were first contacted.

Firehawke

It would be interesting to see if he had made any notes about storylines he wanted to write, songs or riddles to use, character development, etc.
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

eualaia

redwall movie?? redwall videogame??

this is over my head

. hope there is videogame or movie
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''