News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Anything new from Redwall then?

Started by daskar666, November 14, 2011, 10:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log-a-Log

A movie would be pretty exciting, but in a way I don't know if I would want a movie. A lot of books that are made into movies can ruin the book and the series.
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Captain Tammo

I think we should stick to the books, fanfictions, and forums. A video game would ruin it in my mind, a movie would be more interesting. It depends on what book
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on November 14, 2011, 11:09:03 PM
Actually, I believe Brian Jacques felt he created Redwall and had the right to decide what was done with it.

If you haven't already seen Astral's topicthough, he's creating a game of Redwall.

I will totally get that game...OMG!!
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Firewall978

Quote from: Captain Tammo on November 17, 2011, 02:19:57 AM
I think we should stick to the books, fanfictions, and forums. A video game would ruin it in my mind, a movie would be more interesting. It depends on what book
I agree about the Videogame potentially ruining the book, however a movie is a really exciting idea. However, I would like a TV Series better, due to the fact that they could add more material that was in the Book.

Folgrimeo

That's why I liked the TV series as much as I did, it had enough time to tackle the important events to remain faithful without rushing anything. Given how important Rose appears to be to the "Martin the Warrior" storyline, it wouldn't do to race to the finish. You want to care for Martin and Rose's friendship, makes it that much more powerful in the end. As for a Redwall movie, I'll believe it when I see it. There's been so many false starts that I can't be excited for one anymore. Given how protective Brian was over his franchise, perhaps they've just been waiting for a movie pitch that really nails it (it'd be a tough act to do better than the TV series).

There are rumors of Brian having worked on another book before his death, something called Pondicherry. Not sure if it was meant to be a Redwall book or not, but people think it is.

But hey, over 20 novels and three TV seasons, that's quite a sizable collection, and if the series were to end for good, that's not a bad note to leave on.

Firewall978

I believe the correct number of Books was Twenty-two, including The Rogue Crew. You can only wish that someone legally creates a TV series or even a Movie in the near future.

blademouse

According to something a friend of mine saw on twitter the Miller Bros are up to something ???

Tiria Wildlough

I do not want a Redwall video game. That would totally ruin everything.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: blademouse on March 24, 2012, 06:03:54 PM
According to something a friend of mine saw on twitter the Miller Bros are up to something ???

The Miller Brothers have been allegedly (and far from ready to acknowledge) working on some secret Redwall-related project for many months. The author Wayne Thomas Batson is supposedly in with this as well, or at least knows about it.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Matthias720

If Wayne Batson is on on this, it's gonna be EPIC!

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers