Ratsssss!

Started by Ashleg, November 08, 2018, 04:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

We all know that rats are by far one of the, if not the best species in the Redwall series.

Who's your favorite rat? Least favorite? Rat you wished didn't die (or rat you wished DID?)

LET'S TALK 'BOUT THEM RATS.

I think Cluny is very memorable- but many will say that. Cheesethief and Vitch are among my favorites in the whole series, not just among rats.
Raga Bol... eh. Could have been more interesting, but he wasn't bad.

Nadaz, voice of the host

Favorite rat Nadaz, least favorite just about every non leader rat because they were all portrayed as very stupid.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Ashleg

Nadaz was one I forgot. He's great.

The Skarzs

I think pretty much all vermin were portrayed as very stupid.

Probably my favorite rat was Cluny. After him, maybe Gabool.
As for least favorite, I think there were a couple underling rats who were just plain annoying.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Grey Coincidence

The irrelevant rats are some of my favourites. Wulpp from Martin the Warrior is one that I remember (probably coz I re-read that so much). Bladeribb and Bladetail from Pearls of Lutra had some good scenes (Bladetail was Romsca's steersrat and Bladeribb was the rat that died when Freebeast got wrecked).
I also liked Vitch and Cluny... But they were already mentioned.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Ashleg

Yay, someone else who likes Vitch.

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 08, 2018, 05:57:18 AM
I think pretty much all vermin were portrayed as very stupid.

Probably my favorite rat was Cluny. After him, maybe Gabool.
As for least favorite, I think there were a couple underling rats who were just plain annoying.

Couldn't agree with you more about Gabool.

MeganTheRecorderOfRedwall

My favourite rat is Cluny. I think he is a really great character. I also love that he has a blade on his tail I think that is so cool. I just love the villains in the Redwall series. I find them so interesting.

Ashleg

Same, Megan. He's not my favorite but he's up there. And they ARE. They're my favorite part of the books.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Nadaz, voice of the host on November 08, 2018, 05:17:57 AM
Favorite rat Nadaz, least favorite just about every non leader rat because they were all portrayed as very stupid.

What did you like about Nadaz? Was it just that he was smarter than the rest and built himself up into a position of power?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nadaz, voice of the host

I found him interesting particularly because he was one of the few leaders in the series who was not in the highest position of power but was still pulling the strings in Malkariss.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

gojuchrisa

I thought Nadaz was pretty cool too especially when i realized he had about 9,000 rats under his rule and 3-6,000 slaves building the kingdom.  Then i did a double take realizing that the Redwallers and the Guosim numbered around 400 during the battle and kicked Nadaz butt even though he had them vastly outnumbered.

Ashleg

Sebias of Redwall

1. Cluny, obviously.
2. Gabool, crazy but cool.
3. Damug Warfang, cause he had a kick tail army.
5. Blaggut. hilarious.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Dante8002

Yalahoo!

clunylooney

Raga Bol is possibly the least talked about villain on these forums. Poor Raga.

Cluny is my favorite villain (hence the username) and I absoflippinlutely love Blaggut as well.

Damug was meh and Gabool was in MOR for about 2 chapters but he was kinda cool when we saw him, before he went insane. I honestly really like minor rat villains.

Quote from: gojuchrisa on November 12, 2018, 07:54:32 PM
I thought Nadaz was pretty cool too especially when i realized he had about 9,000 rats under his rule and 3-6,000 slaves building the kingdom.  Then i did a double take realizing that the Redwallers and the Guosim numbered around 400 during the battle and kicked Nadaz butt even though he had them vastly outnumbered.
Wait... NADAZ HAD 9,000 RATS UNDER HIS COMMAND? :o
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me