News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Most Hares in the Long Patrol

Started by Keva Strongbow, April 27, 2019, 02:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keva Strongbow

What is the largest amount of hares that have lived at Salamandastron at one time?
"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion of it."

Sebias of Redwall

I think maybe in the time of "The Long Patrol" books there were like a thousand or so...
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Keva Strongbow

Oh wow! That's a lot! I just started that book :D

Sebias of Redwall

There were quite a few in Lord Brocktree as well, though. So I'm not sure.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Keva Strongbow

I've read that one! Do u know how many there were in that book?

Delthion

There were hardly any hares in the mountain in Lord Brocktree as the Long Patrol hadn't been set-up yet. But I always thought that Salamandastron had the most hares of any book.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Keva Strongbow

Oh really? I thought Salamandastron had like 40 hares? ( I think ) That doesn't seem like very many..

MathLuk

Nah, definitely more than 40. About 100-200.
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

The Skarzs

I don't have any of the books on me right now, but I remember that there were a lot of hares in The Long Patrol. They were mostly fresh recruits, but I think it was the most that had ever been seen before.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Nadaz, voice of the host

I'm pretty sure there was the most hares in Long Patrol since Cregga takes an army of 1000? hares to fight the battle of the ridge while still leaving some to guard the mountain. Also in this book it is seen that they have fortifications through out Mossflower.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Nadaz, voice of the host on April 27, 2019, 08:13:14 PM
I'm pretty sure there was the most hares in Long Patrol since Cregga takes an army of 1000? hares to fight the battle of the ridge while still leaving some to guard the mountain. Also in this book it is seen that they have fortifications through out Mossflower.
Was fort Tussuck a part of the Long Patrol?

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Nadaz, voice of the host

It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Sebias of Redwall

I guess that would make sense considering that the hare in charge used to be in the Long Patrol.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Keva Strongbow

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 27, 2019, 04:37:25 PM
I don't have any of the books on me right now, but I remember that there were a lot of hares in The Long Patrol. They were mostly fresh recruits, but I think it was the most that had ever been seen before.
Well I guess I'll find out more when I read further in the book!:)

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.