News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

How would you try to take over Salamandastron?

Started by Sebias of Redwall, June 22, 2019, 07:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

Okay, so there is a topic "How would you take over Redwall" and I was wondering how one would try to conquer Salamandastron?

The mountain has only one Badgerlord with fifty hare veterans.

You have: An army of two hundred vermin.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

Use birds to ferry troops into he top of the mountain, poison all the food and water, and then kill all the hares in their sleep.  For the badgerlord, I would stab him 20 times in the neck, shoot him in the forhead with an arrow, and burn all the bodies. I would then excavate a pool in the mountain,filled with fish, so incase a hare got out and raised an army, my troops would not be starving and weak.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Nadaz, voice of the host

I would invite the hares to a overcoming racism conference and send the baderlord to a anger management class. After this I will have my troops join the long patrol.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Hazelrah42

All seriousness I think that I would try from three different approaches. 200 Vermin divided equally is 50 per approach, 50 hares is 12 per approach and they don't know where you're attempting to come in. I would follow Veragho the Assassin's approach and use one to tunnel, one to attack from the top, and a third to attack the flanks with 25 Vermin each attacking a flank, looking for closed window slits. Once inside, a messenger would signal, I would lead the reserve force to help exploit the weakness found with my small force of 50 vermin. I would draw the bulk of the defenders to that exposed point allowing the remainder of my vermin to continue working at the tunnel or down from the top. Once we're all inside, we'll overwhelm the defenders by sheer numbers. We'd use their own tunnels against them and surround them using the tunnels. If they stubbornly resist, I'd continue to lay siege against them inside their own tunnels, without access to water, three days and these last pockets of resistance will surrender.

Jarky Thistlebrush

The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

MathLuk

Quote from: Jarky Thistlebrush on October 03, 2019, 09:43:09 AM
I would use ballistas.  ;D

Everybeast knows that the superior siege weapon is the trebuchet, DUMMY.
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Tungro

shisteer of nothing much

Diplomacy is always the key. I'd disguise myself as a hedgehog, then get my two hundred vermin to chase me and try to kill me. When the hares and the badger see, they'll come to my rescue and get me safely inside the mountain, having their numbers thinned slightly in the process. Once inside, the answer is simple: use iocane powder to poison the food and water. Once everyone's dead, open the gates and let the vermin in.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on October 13, 2019, 06:35:37 AM
Diplomacy is always the key. I'd disguise myself as a hedgehog, then get my two hundred vermin to chase me and try to kill me. When the hares and the badger see, they'll come to my rescue and get me safely inside the mountain, having their numbers thinned slightly in the process. Once inside, the answer is simple: use iocane powder to poison the food and water. Once everyone's dead, open the gates and let the vermin in.
Just make sure you have access to the kitchens.  :P

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

I'd probably be in the infirmary, which isn't too far from the kitchens. Then, in the middle of the night, I'd sneak down and poison everything. It shouldn't be too hard.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

I gotta admit though, infiltration is a good way to go.
Rats look similar to mice, so that could work. I wonder how any other species of vermin could disguise as woodlanders.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

It's not that hard. Us girls are highly practiced in the art of dress-ups.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Hmm.... Stick on a pair of ears and a stoat might pass for a lanky hare?
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

One-Eye the wildcat

"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

shisteer of nothing much

I wasn't thinking hare. Any hares in the near vicinity would be known by the Salamandastron hares and it would just be difficult. Better to try for a squirrel or something.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!