News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Sports discussion

Started by Cheesethief, November 23, 2011, 06:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheesethief

Come here to talk about anything sports related. To get started, I like the ny giants, ny redbulls, manchester united, rutgers football, and tim tebow. Share what you think of tebow, the college fb upsets, man city's EPL dominance or anything else for that matter!

Coobreedan

I like rugby. I hate every other sport.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

DanielofRedwall

Of course, I believe the best sport in the universe is Australian Rules Football. So epic. I go for the West Coast Eagles. I also love cricket, and obviously I go for Australia in that. We managed to beat South Africa recently, who are like, one of the best cricketing nations, so I'm happy aboutthat. I also like to watch and play a bit of golf.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Plugg Firetail

Tennis for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I'm finished.

Trigoma

AM. Football. Dallas Cowboys (aw yeah)
Baseball: Texas Rangers (cant believe they lost the world cup -_-)
Basketball: San Antonio spurs (maybe they will take the title this year?)
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Cheesethief

Quote from: Trigoma on November 29, 2011, 06:49:15 PM
AM. Football. Dallas Cowboys (aw yeah)
Baseball: Texas Rangers (cant believe they lost the world cup -_-)
Basketball: San Antonio spurs (maybe they will take the title this year?)
so i guess you're from texas. im from north jersey so go giants! i also like college football even though rutgers isnt that good.
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on November 29, 2011, 12:12:32 AM
Of course, I believe the best sport in the universe is Australian Rules Football. So epic. I go for the West Coast Eagles. I also love cricket, and obviously I go for Australia in that. We managed to beat South Africa recently, who are like, one of the best cricketing nations, so I'm happy aboutthat. I also like to watch and play a bit of golf.

so youre from australia. do you follow soccer. because they're league is similar to ours. by the way i just looked up Australia Rules Football and it looks awesome

Trigoma

naw im not from texas. im from new mexico. my dads from texas.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Plugg Firetail

Trigoma...I used to live in New Mexico! What city/town did you live in?

Trigoma

—Happy Mask Salesman

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Cheesethief on December 04, 2011, 01:42:44 AM
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on November 29, 2011, 12:12:32 AM

so youre from australia. do you follow soccer. because they're league is similar to ours. by the way i just looked up Australia Rules Football and it looks awesome
No, I do not follow soccer. In fact, it is one of my least favourite sports in the world. And yes, Australian Rules Football is awesome.

A quick introduction to Australian Rules Footy is here. It's a good video, explains the very basics well, even if AC/DC isn't my choice of music.  ;)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Plugg Firetail

Log-a-Log

My favorite sports are baseball and hockey. I root for the Cubs (they will win someday) in baseball, and I root for the Penguins in hockey
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Cheesethief

Quote from: Log-a-Log on December 06, 2011, 10:32:31 PM
My favorite sports are baseball and hockey. I root for the Cubs (they will win someday) in baseball, and I root for the Penguins in hockey
will they?

winifred

My fav sport is SOCCER! And whenever nations play my fam and I root for africa or south africa or Namibia (where I was born) The long story is in the iterduction topic (why we root for Africa)but the short is my parents were missionarys there (in Africa)And daniel: HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE SOCCER?! ;D that's ok!My 2nd fav sport is softball,..........being a girl. :D I(my fam)roots for chargers in football(my dad's from Escondido)and Padres with baseball (just because: I dont know?)
I LOVE SOCCER! ;D
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D