How much would another Season Cost?

Started by blackrider11, November 01, 2019, 12:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackrider11

I sent a message to the production company asking how much it cost them to create the series, no response yet. This is in dollars.

But I know there's the following:
Licensing Fee
Animation per minute is roughly (1k-5k)
Voice Acting per actor (roughly 200-400 per hour for 13 weeks)
Overhead Costs

13 episodes at 30 minutes each at 5k is $1,950,000.
Voice acting max amount of characters from the original series was 13. So 13 at 500 per hour for 13 weeks (100 more for additional time just in case). That's $84,500‬.
Voice Recording Studio is about 100 an hour (some include a professional there) which is $16,900‬.
Let's add another $50,000 for overhead costs (over estimated).
Which brings the total to $2,101,400‬ for just all that.
And we'll round up to the nearest 100k because you ALWAYS over estimate on budgets.
$2,200,000

So my question is does anyone know the Licensing fee?

Also, does anyone have that kind of money anymore?

Verdauga

Sure. I'll call my friend Bill. He sells Windows  :laugh: :laugh:
(on a serious note,)
Yikes. I never knew so much money went into an animation. When you factor in the ratings it would be likely to receive, it might no be worth it....

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

I WISH I had that kind of money to throw around -_-
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Jarky Thistlebrush

I like throwing things.  ;)
Though that is a pretty ridiculous amount of money. Maybe if we found a pile of gold under our stairs like that guy in town..? (True story!)
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Kade Rivok

If that happened, there'd be a TON more Redwall stuff going on now because I'd be funding it  :P
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Grond

WOW big costs for anime. the thing is though i cant stand the modern anime i think if they even made a new season i probably would not like it because of that alone. the old style the original episodes/seasons had was way better...

Tungro

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Kade Rivok on November 02, 2019, 05:38:07 AM
If that happened, there'd be a TON more Redwall stuff going on now because I'd be funding it  :P
Lol. Yes, one day when I'm rich and famous I'll think about it too...

Quote from: Grond on December 12, 2019, 04:13:16 AM
WOW big costs for anime. the thing is though i cant stand the modern anime i think if they even made a new season i probably would not like it because of that alone. the old style the original episodes/seasons had was way better...
Yes. Agreed.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

clunylooney

If I had that much money, I would pay the whole price and more for a fourth season.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me